3. For this reason, His brothers said to Him, “Leave this place and go into Judea, so that Your disciples may see the works that You are doing;
4. Because no one does anything in secret, but seeks to be seen in public. If You do these things, reveal Yourself to the world.”
5. For neither did His brothers believe in Him.
6. Therefore, Jesus said to them, “My time has not yet come, but your time is always ready.
7. The world cannot hate you; but it hates Me because I testify concerning it, that its works are evil.
8. You go up to this feast. I am not going up to this feast now, for My time has not yet been fulfilled.”
9. And after saying these things to them, He remained in Galilee.
10. But after His brothers had gone up then Jesus also went up to the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.
11. As a result, the Jews were seeking Him at the feast, and said, “Where is He?”
12. Now there was much debating about Him among the people. Some said, “He is a good Man.” But others said, “No, but He is deceiving the people.”
13. However, no one spoke publicly about Him for fear of the Jews.
14. But then, about the middle of the feast, Jesus went up into the temple and was teaching.
17. If anyone desires to do His will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it is from God, or whether I speak from My own self.
18. The one who speaks of himself is seeking his own glory; but He Who seeks the glory of Him Who sent Him is true, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.
20. The people answered and said, “You have a demon. Who is seeking to kill You?”
21. Jesus answered and said to them, “I did one work, and you were all amazed.
23. If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with Me because I made a man entirely whole on the Sabbath?
24. Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment.”
25. Then some of those from Jerusalem said, “Is not this the One Whom they seek to kill?
26. But look, He is speaking publicly, and they are saying nothing to Him. Can it be that the authorities have recognized that this Man truly is the Christ?
27. Now this man, we know where He comes from. But the Christ, whenever He may appear, no one knows where He comes from.”
28. Then Jesus spoke out, teaching in the temple and saying, “You know Me, and you also know where I come from; yet I have not come of Myself; but He Who sent Me is true, Whom you do not know.
29. But I know Him because I am from Him, and He sent Me.”
30. Because of this saying, they were looking for a way to take Him; but no one laid a hand on Him because His time had not yet come.
31. Then many of the people believed in Him, saying, “When the Christ comes, will He do more miracles than those that this Man has done?”
32. The Pharisees heard the crowds debating these things about Him, and the Pharisees and the chief priests sent officers to arrest Him.
33. Then Jesus said to them, “I am with you yet a little while, and then I go to Him Who sent Me.
34. You shall seek Me, but shall not find Me; and where I am going, you are not able to come.”
35. Therefore, the Jews said among themselves, “Where is He about to go, that we shall not find Him? Is He about to go to the Diaspora among the Greeks, and teach the Greeks?
36. What is this saying that He said, ‘You shall seek Me, but shall not find Me’; and, ‘Where I am going, you are not able to come’? ”
38. The one who believes in Me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.”
39. But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, which those who believed in Him would soon receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified.
40. Now after hearing these words, many of the people said, “This is truly the Prophet.”
41. Others said, “This is the Christ.” But others said, “Does the Christ then come out of Galilee?
43. Therefore, a division arose among the people because of Him.
44. Now some of them desired to take Him, but no one laid hands on Him.
45. As a result, when the officers came to the chief priests and the Pharisees, they said to them, “Why did you not bring Him?”
46. The officers answered, “Never has a man spoken like this man.”
47. Then the Pharisees answered them, “Are you also being deceived?
48. Has even one of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed in Him?
49. But these people who do not know the law are accursed.”
50. Then Nicodemus (being one of them, the one who came to Him by night) said to them,
51. “Does our law judge any man without first hearing from him in person, and knowing what he does?”
52. They answered and said to him, “Are you also from Galilee? Search and see, for no prophet has ever come out of Galilee.”
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved