1. And Jonah prayed to the LORD his God out of the fish’s belly,
2. And he said, “I cried to the LORD by reason of mine affliction. And He answered me. Out of the belly of the unseen I cried for help, and You heard my voice,
3. For You cast me into the depths of the seas, and the current surrounded me. All Your billows and Your waves passed over me.
4. Then I said, ‘I am cast off from Your eyes, yet I will look again toward Your holy temple.’
5. The waters encompassed me, even to the soul; the depth closed around me; the seaweed was wrapped about my head.
6. I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars closed around me forever; yet You have brought up my life from the ruin, O LORD my God.
7. When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the LORD; and my prayer came to You, into Your holy temple.
8. They who take heed to lying vanities forsake their own mercy;
9. But I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will fulfill that which I have vowed. Salvation belongs to the LORD!”
10. And the LORD spoke to the fish, and it vomited Jonah out on the dry land.
And he said,H559
HNpby reason of mine affliction.H6869
HRHNcfsaAnd He answered me.H6030
HCHVqw3msHSp1csOut of the bellyH990
HRHNcfscof the unseenH7585
HNpI cried for help,H7768
For You cast meH7993
HRHNcmscof the seas,H3220
HNcmpaand the currentH5104
HNcmpcHSp2msand Your wavesH1530
HVqp1cs'I am cast offH1644
HTaI will lookH5027
HRto the soul;H5315
HNcbsaclosed around me;H5437
HVqsmsaabout my head.H7218
I went downH3381
HVqp1csto the bottomsH7095
HRHNcmpcof the mountains;H2022
HTdHNcbsawith her barsH1280
HRHNcmsayet You have brought upH5927
HNcmpcHSp1csfrom the ruin,H7845
When my soulH5315
HNpand my prayerH8605
HRHSp2fswith the voiceH6963
HNcfsaI will fulfillH7999
HTrI have vowed.H5087
HNcfsaHShbelongsto the LORD!"H3068
Copyright © 2024 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved