1. And it came to pass when Jabin, king of Hazor, had heard those things, he sent to Jobab king of Madon, and to the king of Shimron, and to the king of Achshaph,
2. And to the kings that were on the north of the mountains, and on the plains south of Chinneroth, and in the valley, and in the borders of Dor on the west,
3. And to the Canaanite on the east and on the west, and the Amorite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Jebusite in the mountains, and to the Hivite under Hermon, in the land of Mizpeh.
4. And they went out, they and all their armies with them, many people, even as the sand upon the seashore in multitude, with very many horses and chariots.
5. And when all these kings had met together, they came and pitched together at the waters of Merom to fight against Israel.
6. And the LORD said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid because of them, for tomorrow about this time I will deliver them up, all killed before Israel. You shall hamstring their horses and burn their chariots with fire.”
7. And Joshua came suddenly, and all the people of war with him, against them by the waters of Merom. And they fell upon them.
8. And the LORD delivered them into the hand of Israel who struck them and chased them to great Sidon, and to the salt pits, and to the valley of Mizpeh eastward. And they struck them until they left them none remaining.
9. And Joshua did to them as the LORD commanded him. He hamstrung their horses and burned their chariots with fire.
10. And Joshua at that time turned back and took Hazor, and struck its king with the sword, for Hazor formerly was the head of all those kingdoms.
11. And they struck every soul in it with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them. And he left none breathing. And he burned Hazor with fire.
12. And Joshua took all the cities of those kings, and all the kings of them. And he struck them with the edge of the sword. He utterly destroyed them as Moses the servant of the LORD commanded.
13. But as for the cities that stood on their mounds, Israel burned none of them, except Hazor only. Joshua did burn that one.
14. And all the spoil of these cities and the livestock the children of Israel took for a prize to themselves. But they struck every man with the edge of the sword until they had destroyed them. They left none breathing.
15. As the LORD commanded Moses His servant, so did Moses command Joshua, and so Joshua did. He left nothing undone of all that the LORD commanded Moses.
16. So Joshua took all that land, the hills, and all the south country, and all the land of Goshen, and the valley, and the plain, and the mountains of Israel, and its lowlands,
17. From Mount Halak that goes up to Seir, even to Baal Gad in the valley of Lebanon under Mount Hermon. And he took all their kings and struck them down and killed them.
18. Joshua made war a long time with all those kings.
19. There was not a city that made peace with the children of Israel, except the Hivites, the inhabitants of Gibeon. All others they took in battle,
20. For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts so that they should come against Israel in battle, so that they might be destroyed, so that they might have no favor, but that He might destroy them as the LORD commanded Moses.
21. At that time Joshua came and cut off the Anakim from the mountains, from Hebron, from Debir, from Anab, and from all the mountains of Judah, and from all the mountains of Israel. Joshua utterly destroyed them with their cities.
22. There were none of the Anakim left in the land of the children of Israel; only in Gaza, in Gath, and in Ashdod there remained some.
23. And Joshua took the whole land, according to all that the LORD commanded Moses. And Joshua gave it for an inheritance to Israel according to their divisions by their tribes. And the land rested from war.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved