1. And Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel to Shechem and called for the elders of Israel, and for their heads, and for their judges, and for their officers. And they presented themselves before God.
2. And Joshua said to all the people, “Thus says the LORD God of Israel, ‘Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the River Euphrates in old times, Terah the father of Abraham, and the father of Nahor, and they served other gods.
3. And I took your father Abraham from beyond the RiverEuphrates and led him throughout all the land of Canaan, and multiplied his seed and gave him Isaac.
4. And I gave to Isaac Jacob and Esau. And I gave Esau Mount Seir for his own, but Jacob and his sons went down to Egypt.
5. I sent Moses also, and Aaron, and I plagued Egypt, according to that which I did among them. And afterward I brought you out.
6. And I brought your fathers out of Egypt. And you came to the sea, and the Egyptians followed after your fathers with chariots and horsemen to the Red Sea.
7. And when they cried to the LORD, He put darkness between you and the Egyptians, and brought the sea upon them and covered them. And your eyes have seen what I have done in Egypt. And you lived in the wilderness a long time.
8. And I brought you into the land of the Amorites who lived on the other side of Jordan. And they fought with you, and I gave them into your hand so that you might possess their land. And I destroyed them from before you.
9. Then Balak the son of Zippor, king of Moab, arose and warred against Israel, and sent and called Balaam the son of Beor to curse you.
10. But I would not listen to Balaam. And he still blessed you. And I delivered you out of his hand.
11. And you went over Jordan and came to Jericho. And the men of Jericho fought against you, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Girgashites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites. And I delivered them into your hand.
12. And I sent the hornet before you, which drove them out from before you, the two kings of the Amorites, not with your sword, nor with your bow.
13. And I have given you a land for which you did not labor, and cities which you did not build, and you live in them. You now eat of the vineyards and oliveyards which you did not plant.’
14. Now, therefore, fear the LORD, and serve Him in sincerity and truth. And put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River, and in Egypt, and serve the LORD.
15. And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you live. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”
16. And the people answered and said, “Far be it from us to forsake the LORD to serve other gods,
17. For the LORD our God is He Who brought us and our fathers up out of the land of Egypt from the house of bondage. And He did those great wonders in our sight, and kept us in all our way in which we went and among all the people through whom we passed.
18. And the LORD drove out from before us all the people, even the Amorites who lived in the land. We will also serve the LORD, for He is our God.”
19. And Joshua said to the people, “You cannot serve the LORD, for He is a holy God. He is a jealous God. He will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins
20. If you forsake the LORD and serve strange gods. Then He will turn and do you harm, and destroy you after He has done you good.”
21. And the people said to Joshua, “No, but we will serve the LORD.”
22. And Joshua said to the people, “You are witnesses against yourselves that you have chosen the LORD, to serve Him.” And they said, “We are witnesses.”
23. “And now put away the strange gods which are among you, and incline your heart to the LORD God of Israel.”
24. And the people said to Joshua, “The LORD our God will we serve, and His voice will we obey.”
25. And Joshua made a covenant with the people that day, and set them a statute and an ordinance in Shechem.
27. And Joshua said to all the people, “Behold, this stone shall be a witness to us, for it has heard all the words of the LORD which He spoke to us. It shall therefore be a witness to you, lest you deny your God.”
28. And Joshua sent away the people, each man to his inheritance.
29. And it came to pass after these things, Joshua, the son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died, being a hundred and ten years old.
30. And they buried him in the border of his inheritance in Timnath Serah on Mount Ephraim, on the north side of the hill of Gaash.
31. And Israel served the LORD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders who outlived Joshua, and who had known all the works of the LORD that He had done for Israel.
32. And the bones of Joseph, which the children of Israel brought up out of Egypt, they buried in Shechem, in a piece of ground which Jacob bought from the sons of Hamor the father of Shechem for a hundred pieces of silver. And it became the inheritance of the children of Joseph.
33. And Eleazar the son of Aaron died. And they buried him on a hill belonging to Phinehas his son, which was given him in Mount Ephraim
HCHVqw3msfor the eldersH2205
HNpand for their heads,H7218
HCHRHNcmpcHSp3msand for their judges,H8199
HCHRHVqrmpcHSp3msand for their officers.H7860
HCHRHVqrmpcHSp3msAnd they presentedH3320
HVqp3cpon the other sideH5676
HRHNcmscof the RiverH5104
HTdHNcmsain old times,H5769
HNpand the fatherH1
HNpand they servedH5647
And I tookH3947
And I gaveH5414
HNpAnd I gaveH5414
HCHNpand his sonsH1121
HNpand I plaguedH5062
HNpaccording to that whichH834
HCHDI brought youH853
And I broughtH3318
HNcmpcHSp2mpout of Egypt.H4714
HRHNpAnd you cameH935
HCHVqw2mpto the sea,H3220
HTdHNcmsaHSdand the EgyptiansH4713
HCHRHNcmpato the RedH5488
And when they criedH6817
HRHSp3msand covered them.H3680
HCHVpw3msHSp3msAnd your eyesH5869
HTrI have doneH6213
HRHNpAnd you livedH3427
HCHVqw2mpin the wildernessH4057
And I broughtH935
HNcbscof the AmoritesH567
HTdHNgmsawho lived onH3427
HTdHVqrmsathe other sideH5676
HTdHNpAnd they foughtH3898
HRHSp2mpand I gaveH5414
HToHSp3mpinto your handH3027
HRHNcbscHSp2mpso that you might possessH3423
HNcbscHSp3mpAnd I destroyed themH8045
HCHVhw1csHSp3mpfrom before you.H6440
HCHVqw3msand warred againstH3898
But I wouldH14
HRHNpAnd he still blessedH1288
HToHSp2mpAnd I deliveredH5337
HToHSp2mpout of his hand.H3027
And you went overH5674
HNpAnd the menH1167
HTdHNgmsaand the Perizzites,H6522
HCHTdHNgmsaand the Canaanites,H3669
HCHTdHNgmsaand the Hittites,H2850
HCHTdHNgmsaand the Girgashites,H1622
HTdHNgmsaand the Jebusites.H2983
HCHTdHNgmsaAnd I deliveredH5414
HToHSp3mpinto your hand.H3027
And I sentH7971
HRHNcbpcHSp2mpwhich drove themH853
HCHVpw3fsfrom before you,H6440
HNcmpcof the Amorites,H567
HTnwith your sword,H2719
HCHTnwith your bow.H7198
And I have givenH5414
HTryou did notH3808
HTryou did notH3808
HVqp2mpand you liveH3427
HRHSp3mpYou now eatH398
HVqrmpaof the vineyardsH3754
HCHRHNcfsaAnd put awayH5493
HVqp3cpon the other sideH5676
HRHNcmscof the River,H5104
HTdHNcmsaand in Egypt,H4714
HAamsato you to serveH5647
HTiyou will serve,H5647
HNcmpcof the AmoritesH567
HVqrmpaBut as for meH595
HCHPp1csand my house,H1004
HCHNcmscHSp1cswe will serveH5647
And the peopleH5971
HCHVqw3ms"Far be itH2486
HNcmpcHSp1cpup out of the landH776
HNpfrom the houseH1004
HTdHNcbpain our sight,H5869
HRHNcbdcHSp1cpand kept usH8104
HRHSp3fsand among allH3605
And the LORDH3068
HCHVpw3msfrom before usH6440
HVqrmsain the land.H776
HNcmsaHe will notH3808
HRHNcmscHSp2mpnor your sinsH2403
HNcmpcThen He will turnH7725
HCHVqq3msand do youHl
HTrHe has done youHl
HToHSp3msAnd they said,H559
HCHVqw3mp"We are witnesses."H5707
And the peopleH5971
HNcmpcHSp1cpwill we serve,H5647
HVqi1cpand His voiceH6963
HCHRHNcmscHSp3mswill we obey."H8085
HNcfsawith the peopleH5971
HNcmsaand an ordinanceH4941
HTdHNcmpain the bookH5612
HRHNcmscof the lawH8451
HNcfsaand set it upH6965
HTrwasby the sanctuaryH4720
HRHNcmscof the LORD.H3068
HNcmpcof the LORDH3068
HRHSp1cpIt shall therefore beH1961
And it came to passH1961
HNcmscof the LORD,H3068
And they buriedH6912
HToHSp3msin the borderH1366
HRHNcmscof his inheritanceH5159
HNpon the north sideH6828
HRHNcfscof the hillH2022
HNcmpcof the eldersH2205
HCHTrwho had knownH3045
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HTrHe had doneH6213
HNpbrought up outH5927
HRHNpin a pieceH2513
HNpfor a hundredH3967
HRHAcbsapieces of silver.H7192
HNcfsaAnd it becameH1961
HRHNcfsaof the childrenH1121
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved