2. “My servant Moses is dead. Now, therefore, arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people to the land which I give to them, to the children of Israel.
3. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, I have given that unto you, as I said to Moses.
4. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even to the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your border.
5. No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not fail you nor forsake you.
6. Be strong and of good courage, for you shall divide for an inheritance to this people the land which I swore to their fathers to give it to them.
7. Only be strong and very courageous so that you may observe to do according to all the law which My servant Moses commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, so that you may prosper wherever you go.
8. This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate therein day and night, so that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it, for then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall have good success.
9. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage. Do not be afraid, neither be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you in all places where you go.”
10. Then Joshua commanded the officers of the people saying,
11. “Pass through the host, and command the people, saying, ‘Prepare food for yourselves, for within three days you are crossing over this Jordan to go in to possess the land which the LORD your God is giving you to possess it.’ ”
12. And Joshua spoke to the Reubenites and to the Gadites and to half the tribe of Manasseh, saying:
13. “Remember the word which Moses the servant of the LORD commanded you saying, ‘The LORD your God has given you rest and has given you this land.’
14. Your wives, your little ones, and your cattle shall remain in the land which Moses gave you on this side of Jordan. But you shall go armed before your brethren, all the mighty men of valor, and help them,
15. Until the LORD has given your brethren rest, even as you, and they also have possessed the land which the LORD your God gives them; and you shall return to the land of your possession and enjoy it, which Moses the LORD’S servant gave you on this side of Jordan, towards the sunrise.”
16. And they answered Joshua, saying: “We will do all that you command us, and wherever you send us we will go.
17. Just as we hearkened to Moses in all things, so we will hearken to you. Only may the LORD your God be with you as He was with Moses.
18. Whoever rebels against your command and will not hearken to your words in all that you command him, he shall be put to death. Only be strong and of a good courage.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved