1. How isolated sits the city that was full of people! She has become like a widow, once great among the nations, a noblewoman among the nations, but now has become a tribute payer.
2. She bitterly weeps in the night, and her tears are on her cheeks; among all her lovers, she has none to comfort her. All her friends have dealt treacherously with her; they became her enemies.
3. Judah has gone into captivity, under affliction and great slavery. She dwells among the nations; she finds no rest; all her pursuers have overtaken her between the narrow straits.
4. The roads of Zion mourn because no one comes to the appointed feasts. All her gates are deserted; her priests sigh; her virgins are afflicted, and she is in bitterness.
5. Her adversaries have become the head; her enemies prosper; for the LORD has afflicted her for the multitude of her transgressions. Her children are gone into captivity before the enemy.
6. And from the daughter of Zion all her majesty has departed. Her princes have become like bucks: they find no pasture, and they have fled without strength before the pursuer.
7. In the days of her affliction and her wandering, Jerusalem remembered all her desirable things that she had in the days of old. When her people fell into the hand of the enemy, and no one helped her, the adversaries saw her; they laughed at her annihilation.
8. Jerusalem has grievously sinned, therefore she has become filthy. All who honored her, despise her because they saw her nakedness; yea, she sighs and turns backward.
9. Her filthiness is in her skirts; she did not consider her future, therefore she has fallen astonishingly. She has no comforter. “Behold, O LORD, my affliction, for the enemy has magnified himself.”
10. The enemy has stretched out his hands upon all her precious things; for she has seen the nations enter into her sanctuary, whom You commanded that they should not enter into Your congregation.
11. All her people sigh; they seek bread. They have given their treasures for food to relieve the soul. “See, O LORD, and look on me, for I have become vile.”
12. “Is it nothing to you, all you who pass by? Behold and see if there is any pain like my pain which is done to me, with which the LORD has afflicted me in the day of His fierce anger.
13. From on high He has sent fire into my bones and it prevailed against them. He has spread a net for my feet; He has turned me back; He has made me desolate and faint all the day.
14. The yoke of my transgressions is bound by His hand; they intertwine; they rise on my neck. He has made my strength to falter; the LORD has delivered me into their hands—those whom I cannot withstand.
15. The LORD has trampled all my mighty ones in my midst; He has called a gathering against me to crush my young men. The LORD has trodden the virgin daughter of Judah as in a winepress.
16. For these things I weep; my eyes, my eyes run down with water, because the comforter who could revive my courage is far from me. My children are desolate because the enemy has prevailed.”
17. Zion spreads forth her hands; and there is none to comfort her; the LORD has commanded concerning Jacob that his enemies should be all around him; Jerusalem has become as a filthy thing among them.
18. “The LORD is righteous, for I have rebelled against His commandment. I beseech you, all people, hear and behold my sorrow. My virgins and my young men have gone into captivity.
19. I called for my lovers, but they deceived me; my priests and my elders perished in the city while they sought for food to revive their strength.
20. Behold, O LORD, for I am in distress; my bowels burn; my heart is wrung out within me, for I have grievously rebelled. In the streets the sword bereaves; in the house is the likeness of death.
21. They have heard that I sigh; there is none to comfort me. All my enemies have heard of my trouble; they are glad that You have done it. But You will bring the day that You have proclaimed, and they shall yet be like me.
22. Let all their wickedness come before You; and do to them as You have done to me for all my transgressions. For my sighs are many, and my heart is faint.”
HNcmsaShe has becomeH1961
HVqp3fslike a widow,H490
HAafscamong the nations,H1471
HNcfscamong the nations,H4082
HRdHNcfpabut nowhas becomeH1961
HVqp3fsa tribute payer.H4522
HVqi3fsin the night,H3915
HRdHNcmsaand her tearsH1832
HNcmpcHSp3fshave dealt treacherouslyH898
HNphas gone into captivity,H1540
HVqp3fsamong the nations;H1471
HVqrmpcHSp3fshave overtaken herH5381
HRthe narrow straits.H4712
HAafpabecause no oneH1097
HVqrmpcto the appointed feasts.H4150
HNphas afflicted herH3013
HVhp3msHSp3fsfor the multitudeH7230
And from the daughterH1323
HNcmsaand they have fledH3212
HNcmpcof her afflictionH6040
HNcmscHSp3fsand her wandering,H4788
HNcmscher desirable thingsH4262
HVqp3cpin the daysH3117
HNcmsaWhen her peopleH5971
HRHVqcinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the enemy,H6862
HTmshe has becomeH1961
HNcmscwho honored her,H3513
HNcfscHSp3fsisin her skirts;H7757
HRHNcmpcHSp3fsshe did notH3808
HNcfscHSp3fstherefore she has fallenH3381
HNcmsahas stretched outH6566
HNcmscher precious things;H4261
HCshe has seenH7200
HVqp3cpinto her sanctuary,H4720
HVpp2msthat they should notH3808
HNcbsaThey have givenH5414
HCHVhv2msHShon me, forH3588
HCI have becomeH1961
"Is it nothingH3808
HNcmscyou who passH5674
HTmis any painH4341
HNcmsalike my painH4341
HVhp3msmein the day ofH3117
From on highH4791
HRHNcmsaHe has sentH7971
HNcbsainto my bonesH6106
HRHNcfpcHSp1csand it prevailedH7287
HCHVqw3msHSp3fsagainst them. He has spreadH6566
HNcfsafor my feet;H7272
HRHNcfdcHSp1csHe has turnedH7725
HNcmsaHe has madeH5414
HNcmscof my transgressionsH6588
HVNp3msby His hand;H3027
HNcmscHSp1csHe has made my strengthH3581
HNcmpcHSp1cshas delivered meH5414
HVqp3msHSp1csinto their hands—H3027
HRHNcbdcthose whom I cannotH3808
HNcmscmy mighty onesH47
HAampcHSp1csin my midst;H7130
HRHNcmscHSp1csHe has calledH7121
HRHVqcmy young men.H970
HNpasin a winepress.H1660
HVprmsawho could reviveH7725
HRHNcbdcHSp3fsand there is noneH369
HRHNpthat his enemiesH6862
HNcmpcHSp3msshould beall around him;H5439
HVqp3fsas a filthy thingH5079
HCI have rebelledH4784
HVqp1csagainst His commandment.H6310
HNcmscHSp3msI beseech you,H4994
HNcfpcHSp1csand my young menH970
HVqp1csfor my lovers,H157
HNcmpcHSp1csand my eldersH2205
HVqp3cpin the cityH5892
HNcmscHSp1csis wrung outH2015
HCI have grievouslyH4784
HVqp1csIn the streetsH2351
HVpp3fsin the houseH1004
HRdHNcmsais the likeness of death.H4194
They have heardH8085
HVqp3cpof my trouble;H7451
HNcfscHSp1csthey are gladH7797
HVqp2msit. ButYou will bringH935
HNcmsathatYou have proclaimed,H7121
HVqp2msand they shall yet beH1961
HRHTrYou have doneH5953
HAafpaand my heartH3820
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved