1. Remember, O LORD, what has come upon us; look down and see our reproach.
2. Our inheritance has been turned over to aliens, our houses to foreigners.
3. We are orphans and fatherless; our mothers are as widows.
4. We have drunk our water for money; our wood comes for a price.
5. Our pursuers are at our necks; we grow weary; no rest is given to us.
6. We have given the hand to Egypt, to Assyria, to be satisfied with bread.
7. Our fathers have sinned and are not; we have borne their iniquities.
8. Slaves rule over us; there is none to deliver us out of their hand.
9. We bring in our bread at the risk of our lives, because of the sword of the wilderness.
10. Our skin is hot like an oven because of the burning heat of famine.
11. They raped the women in Zion, virgins in the cities of Judah.
12. Rulers were hanged by the hand; the faces of elders were not honored.
13. They took the young men to grind, and the children have stumbled under the loads of wood.
14. The elders have ceased from the gate, the young men from their music.
15. The joy of our heart has ceased; our dance has turned into mourning.
16. The crown has fallen from our head. Woe now to us! For we have sinned.
17. Our heart is faint for this; our eyes are dim for these things.
18. Because the mountain of Zion lies desolate, the foxes walk upon it.
19. You, O LORD, remain forever; Your throne is from generation to generation.
20. Why do You forget us forever and forsake us for so long a time?
21. Return us to You, O LORD, and we will return; renew our days as of old,
22. Unless You have utterly rejected us, and are exceedingly angry against us!
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved