1. How the gold has become dim; the fine gold has changed! The stones of the sanctuary are poured out at the head of every street.
2. The precious sons of Zion are weighed against pure gold; how they are counted as earthen vessels, the work of a potter’s hands!
3. Even the jackals draw out the breast; they suckle their young ones. The daughter of my people has become cruel, like the ostriches in the wilderness.
4. The infant’s tongue cleaves to the roof of his mouth in thirst; the young children ask for bread; there is no one breaking it for them.
5. Those who ate delicacies are desolate in the streets; those reared in scarlet embrace dunghills.
6. For the punishment of the iniquity of the daughter of my people is greater than the punishment of the sin of Sodom, that was overthrown as in a moment, with no hands to help her.
7. Her princes were purer than snow, whiter than milk; they were more ruddy in body than rubies, their polishing was of sapphire:
8. But now their appearance is blacker than soot; they are not recognized in the streets; their skin has shriveled upon their bones; it is dried up; it has become like a stick.
9. Better are the ones slain by the sword than the ones slain by hunger; for these pine away, stricken for want of the fruits of the field.
10. The hands of the women of compassion have boiled their own children; they became their food in the destruction of the daughter of my people.
11. The LORD has accomplished His fury; He has poured out His fierce anger, and has kindled a fire in Zion, and it has devoured its foundations.
12. The kings of the earth, and all the people of the world, would not have believed that the adversary and the enemy would go into Jerusalem’s gates.
13. For the sins of her prophets and the iniquities of her priests, that have shed the blood of the just in her midst,
14. They wandered blindly through the streets; they have polluted themselves with blood, so that men could not touch their clothes.
15. They cried to them, “Depart! Unclean! Depart, depart! Touch not!” Indeed, they fled away and wandered; they said among the nations, “They will not continue to live there.”
16. The face of the LORD has scattered them; He will no longer watch over them; they did not respect the persons of the priests; they were not gracious to the elders.
17. As for us, our eyes fail, for our help is vain; in our watching we have watched for a nation that could not save.
18. They hunted our steps so that we cannot go in our streets; our end was near, our days were fulfilled, for our end has come.
19. Our persecutors were swifter than the eagles of heaven; they pursued us on the mountains, they lay in wait for us in the wilderness.
20. The breath of our nostrils, the anointed of the LORD, was taken in their pits—of whom we said, “Under his shadow we shall live among the nations.”
21. Rejoice and be glad, O daughter of Edom, who lives in the land of Uz. The cup also shall pass through unto you; you shall be made drunken and stripped naked.
22. The punishment of your iniquity is fulfilled, O daughter of Zion; He will exile you no more. But He will punish you for your iniquity, O daughter of Edom; He will expose your sins.
HNcmsahas become dim;H6004
HNcfpcof the sanctuaryH6944
HNcmsaare poured outH8210
HVti3fpat the headH7218
HTdHVPsmpaagainst pure gold;H6337
HTithey are countedH2803
HNcmscof a potter'sH3335
HVhp3cptheir young ones.H1482
HNcfscof my peopleH5971
HNcmscHSp1cshas become cruel,H393
HRHAamsalike the ostrichesH3283
HRdHNcmpain the wilderness.H4057
HRthe roof of his mouthH2441
HRdHNcmsathe young childrenH5768
HNcbsathere is noH369
HVqrmsait for them.Hl
For the punishment of the iniquityH5771
HNcbscof the daughterH1323
HNcfscof my peopleH5971
HCHVqw3msthan the punishmentH2403
HRHNcfscof the sin of Sodom,H5467
HNpthat was overthrownH2015
HRHNcmsathey were more ruddyH119
HNcfscHSp3mpwas of sapphire:H5601
But now their appearanceH8389
HRHNcmsathey are notH3808
HVNp3cpin the streets;H2351
HNcfscHSp3mpit is dried up;H3001
HVqp3msit has becomeH1961
HVqp3mslike a stick.H6086
HVqp3cpthe ones slainH2491
HAampcby the swordH2719
HNcfsathan the ones slainH2491
HVPsmpafor want of the fruitsH8570
HRHNcfpcof the field.H7704
HNcbdcof the womenH802
HVpp3cptheir own children;H3206
HRHVpcin the destructionH7667
HRHNcmscof the daughterH1323
HNcfscof my people.H5971
HNcfscHSp3msHe has poured outH8210
HNcmscHSp3msand has kindledH3341
HRHNpand it has devouredH398
HNcmpcof the earth,H776
HVqrmpcof the world,H8398
HNcmsaand the enemyH341
For the sinsH2403
HRHNcfpcof her prophetsH5030
HNcbpcof her priests,H3548
HNcmpcHSp3fsthat have shedH8210
HNcmscof the justH6662
HAampain her midst,H7130
HAampathrough the streets;H2351
HRdHNcmpathey have pollutedH1351
HVNp3cpthemselves with blood,H1818
HRdHNcmsaso that men couldH3201
HCthey fled awayH5132
HVqp3cpamong the nations,H1471
HRdHNcmpa"They will notH3808
HNcbpcof the LORDH3068
HNphas scattered them;H2505
HVpp3msHSp3mpHe will noH3808
HVhi3mswatch over them;H5027
HRHVhcHSp3mpthey did notH3808
HNcbpcof the priests;H3548
HNcmpathey were notH3808
HVqp3cpto the elders.H2205
As for us,H5750
HNcmsain our watchingH6836
HRHNcfscHSp1cpwe have watchedH6822
HNcmsathat could notH3808
HNcmpcHSp1cpso that we cannot goH3212
HRHVqcin our streets;H7339
HAampathan the eaglesH5404
HNcmpathey pursued usH1814
HVqp3cpin wait for usHl
HRHSp1cpin the wilderness.H4057
HNcbscof our nostrils,H639
HVNp3msin their pits—H7825
HVqp1cp"Under his shadowH6738
HRHNcmscHSp3mswe shall liveH2421
HVqi1cpamong the nations."H1471
HVqv2fsand be glad,H8055
HVqrfsain the landH776
HVqi3fsthrough unto you;H5921
HRHSp2fsyou shall be made drunkenH7937
HVqi2fsand stripped naked.H6168
The punishment of your iniquityH5771
HNpHe will exile youH1540
HVhi3msButHe will punishH6485
HVqp3msyou foryour iniquity,H5771
HNpHe will exposeH1540
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved