1. And the LORD called to Moses and spoke to him out of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,
2. “Speak to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘If any man of you brings an offering to the LORD, you shall bring your offering of the domestic animals of the herd and of the flock.
3. If his offering is a burnt sacrifice of the herd, let him offer a male without blemish. He shall offer it of his own voluntary will at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation before the LORD.
4. And he shall put his hand on the head of the burnt offering. And it shall be accepted for him to make atonement for him.
5. And he shall kill the young bull before the LORD. And the priests, Aaron’s sons, shall bring the blood and sprinkle the blood all around against the side of the altar that is by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
6. And he shall skin the burnt offering and cut it into its pieces.
8. And the priests, Aaron’s sons, shall arrange the parts with the head and the fat on the wood that is on the fire upon the altar.
9. But its inward parts and its legs he shall wash in water. And the priest shall burn all upon the altar, a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, of a sweet savor to the LORD.
10. And if his offering is of the flocks, of the sheep or of the goats for a burnt offering, he shall bring a male without blemish.
11. And he shall kill it by the side of the altar northward before the LORD. And the priests, Aaron’s sons, shall sprinkle its blood all around against the side of the altar.
13. But he shall wash the inward parts and the legs with water; and the priest shall bring all of it near and burn it upon the altar. It is a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, of a sweet fragrance to the LORD.
14. And if the burnt sacrifice for his offering to the LORD is out of fowls, then he shall bring his offering of turtledoves or of young pigeons.
15. And the priest shall bring it to the altar, and wring off its head and burn it on the altar. And its blood shall be drained at the side of the altar.
16. And he shall pluck away its crop with its feathers, and throw it beside the altar on the east part by the place of the ashes.
17. And he shall cleave it with the wings of it, but not divide it into separate pieces. And the priest shall burn it upon the altar, on the wood that is on the fire. It is a burnt sacrifice, an offering made by fire, of a sweet savor to the LORD.’ ”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved