2. But for his kin that is near him, for his mother and for his father and for his son and for his daughter and for his brother
3. And for his sister, a virgin, who is near to him, who has had no husband, for her he may be defiled.
4. But as a chief man he shall not defile himself among his people to pollute himself.
5. They shall not make a bald spot on their heads, nor shall they shave the corner of their beard, nor make any cutting in their flesh.
6. They shall be holy to their God and not profane the name of their God, for they offer the offerings made by fire of the LORD, and the bread of their God. Therefore they shall be holy.
7. They shall not take a wife who is a whore or defiled. Neither shall they take a woman divorced from her husband, for he is holy to his God.
9. And the daughter of any priest, if she profanes herself by playing the whore, she profanes her father. She shall be burned with fire.
10. And the high priest among his brethren, on whose head the anointing oil was poured and who is consecrated to put on the garments, shall not uncover his head nor tear his clothes.
11. Neither shall he come near to any dead person, nor defile himself for his father nor for his mother.
12. Neither shall he go out of the sanctuary, nor profane the sanctuary of his God, for the sacred anointing oil of his God is on him. I am the LORD.
13. And he shall take a wife in her virginity.
14. He shall not take a widow or a divorced woman, or profane, or a harlot, but he shall take a virgin of his own people to wife.
15. And he shall not defile his children among his people, for I the LORD do sanctify him.’ ”
16. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
17. “Speak to Aaron, saying, ‘No man of your children in their generations shall draw near to offer the bread of his God if there is a blemish in him;
18. For no man in whom there is a blemish shall draw near, a blind man, or a lame man, or disfigured, or deformed,
19. Or a man that is broken-footed, or broken-handed,
20. Or hunchback, or a dwarf, or who has a blemish in his eye, or a scurvy or scabbed person, or one with crushed testicles.
21. No man of the seed of Aaron, the priest, in whom there is a blemish shall come near to offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire. He has a blemish; he shall not come near to offer the bread of his God.
22. However, he shall eat the bread of his God, of the most holy and of the holy.
23. Only he shall not go in to the veil, nor come near to the altar because he has a blemish; so that he does not profane My sanctuaries; for I the LORD do sanctify them.’ ”
And the LORDH3068
HRHSp3mp'There shall noneH3808
HVti3msfor the deadH5315
HRHNcbsaamong his people.H5971
HRHNcmscHSp3msthat is nearH7138
HRHSp3msfor his motherH517
HRHNcfscHSp3msand for his fatherH1
HCHRHNcmscHSp3msand for his sonH1121
HCHRHNcmscHSp3msand for his daughterH1323
HCHRHNcfscHSp3msand for his brotherH251
And for his sister,H269
HTdHNcfsawho is nearH7138
HRHSp3fshe may be defiled.H2930
They shall notH3808
HTnmake a baldH7139
HNcfsaon their heads,H7218
HTnshall they shaveH1548
HCHNcfscof their beard,H2206
HNcfsain their flesh.H1320
They shall beH1961
HAampato their GodH430
HNcmscof their God,H430
HTothe offerings made by fireH801
HNcmpcof the LORD,H3068
HNcbscof their God.H430
HNcmpcHSp3mpTherefore they shall beH1961
They shall notH3808
HNcfsawho isa whoreH2181
HTnshall they takeH3947
HVqsfsafrom her husband,H376
HAamsato his God.H430
And you shall sanctify him,H6942
HNcbscof your God.H430
HNcmpcHSp2msHe shall beH1961
HNpWho sanctifies you,H6942
And the daughterH1323
HVprfsaherself by playing the whore,H2181
HNcmscHSp3fsShe shall be burnedH8313
And the highH1419
HCHTdHNcmsaamong his brethren,H251
HVHi3msand who is consecratedH4390
HToon the garments,H899
HTnshall he comeH935
HCHRnear to anyH3605
HVti3mshimself for his fatherH1
HRHNcmscHSp3msnor for his mother.H517
HTnshall he go outH3318
HCHRof the sanctuary,H4720
HNcmscof his God,H430
HNcmscof his GodH430
He shall notH3808
HNcfsaora divorced woman,H1644
HCHAafsaor a harlot,H2181
HChe shall takeH3947
HNcfsaof his own peopleH5971
HNcmsaof your childrenH2233
HRHNcmscHSp2msin their generationsH1755
HRHNcmpcHSp3mpshall draw nearH7126
HNcbscof his GodH430
HRHSp3msthere isa blemishH3971
HNcmsashall draw near,H7126
HCwho has a blemishH8400
HNcmsain his eye,H5869
HCone with crushedH4790
HNcmsaof the seedH2233
HRHSp3msthere is a blemishH3971
HNcmsashall come nearH5066
HTothe offerings of the LORDH3068
HNpmade by fire.H801
HNcmpcHe has a blemish;H3971
HRHSp3mshe shall notH3808
HNcbscof his God.H430
HTahe shall notH3808
HChe has a blemish;H3971
HRHSp3msso that he doesH3808
HNpdo sanctify them.'”H6942
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved