1. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
2. “Speak to Aaron and to his sons, that they set themselves apart from the holy things of the children of Israel, and that they do not profane My holy name in what they devote to Me. I am the LORD.
3. Say to them, ‘Any man of all your children among your generations who draws near to the holy things, which the children of Israel set apart to the LORD, if he has his uncleanness on him, that soul shall be cut off from My presence. I am the LORD.
4. Any man of the children of Aaron who is leprous, or has a discharge, he shall not eat of the holy things until he is clean. And he who touches any uncleanness of a person, or a man whose semen has gone out from him,
5. Or a man who touches any swarming thing by which he may be made unclean, or touches a man who is unclean to him, by any uncleanness he has,
6. The one who has touched it shall be unclean until sunset. And he shall not eat of the holy things unless he washes his flesh with water.
7. And when the sun is down, he shall be clean, and shall afterward eat of the holy things because it is his food.
8. He shall not eat that which dies of itself or one torn with beasts to defile himself with them. I am the LORD.
9. And they shall keep My ordinance, lest they bear sin for it, that they may not die for it when they defile it. I am the LORD Who sanctifies them.
10. There shall no common man eat of the holy things. An outsider or a hired servant of a priest shall not eat of the holy thing.
11. But if the priest buys anyone with his silver, he shall eat of it. And one born in his house shall eat of his food.
12. And a priest’s daughter, when she belongs to a man, a stranger, she may not eat of the heave offering of the holy things.
13. But if the priest’s daughter is a widow or divorced, and has no child, and has returned to her father’s house, as in her youth, she shall eat of her father’s food. But no stranger shall eat of it.
14. And if a man eats a holy thing without knowing it, then he shall put the fifth part to it and shall give it to the priest with the holy thing.
15. And they shall not profane the holy things of the children of Israel which they offer to the LORD,
16. And cause them to bear the iniquity of the guilt offering in their eating of their holy things; for I am the LORD Who sanctifies them.”
17. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
18. “Speak to Aaron and to his sons and to all the children of Israel, and say to them, ‘Any man of the house of Israel, or of the strangers in Israel, who offers his sacrifices for his vows, for all his freewill offerings, which they will offer to the LORD for a burnt offering,
19. You shall offer at your own will a male without blemish, of the cattle, of the sheep, or of the goats.
20. You shall not offer that which has a blemish, for it shall not be acceptable for you.
21. And when a man offers a sacrifice of peace offerings to the LORD to carry out his vow, or a freewill offering in cattle or sheep, it shall be perfect to be accepted. There shall be no blemish in them.
22. Blind, or broken, or maimed, or having a running sore, or having scurvy, or scabbed, you shall not offer these to the LORD, nor make an offering by fire of them on the altar to the LORD.
23. As to a young bull or a sheep that is deformed or dwarfed, you may offer that for a freewill offering. But for a vow it shall not be accepted.
24. You shall not offer to the LORD that which is bruised or crushed, or broken or cut. You shall not make any offering of it in your land.
25. And you shall not offer the bread of your God out of a stranger’s hand, or any of these, because their uncleanness is in them and blemishes are in them. They shall not be accepted for you.’ ”
26. And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
27. “When a bull or a lamb or a goat is born, then it shall be seven days under the dam. And from the eighth day and from then on, it shall be accepted for an offering made by fire to the LORD.
28. And whether it is a cow or ewe, it and its young one, you shall not kill both in one day.
29. And when you will offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving to the LORD, offer it at your own will.
30. On the same day it is to be eaten. You shall leave none of it until morning. I am the LORD.
31. And you shall keep My commandments, and do them. I am the LORD.
32. And you shall not profane My holy name. But I will be holy among the children of Israel. I am the LORD Who is sanctifying you,
33. Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God. I am the LORD.”
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved