1. Then He said to the disciples, “It is impossible that no offenses will come, but woe to the one by whom they come!
2. It is better for him that a millstone be put around his neck and he be cast into the sea, than that he should cause one of these little ones to offend.
3. Watch yourselves; and if your brother commits a sin against you, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.
4. And if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times in a day returns to you, saying, ‘I repent,’ you shall forgive him.”
5. Then the apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.”
6. But the Lord said, “If you had faith as a tiny mustard seed, you might say to this sycamine tree, ‘Be rooted up, and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.
7. But which of you having a servant plowing or shepherding will immediately say to him when he comes in from the field, ‘Come and sit down and eat’?
8. Rather, will he not say to him, ‘Prepare what I may eat, and gird yourself, and serve me while I eat and drink; and afterwards you may eat and drink’?
9. Is he thankful to that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not.
10. Likewise you also, when you have done all the things that are commanded you, say, ‘We are unprofitable servants, because we have done that which we were obligated to do’.
11. Now it came to pass that as He was going up to Jerusalem, He passed through the middle of Samaria and Galilee.
12. And as He went into a certain village, He was met by ten leprous men, who stood at a distance.
13. And they lifted up their voices, saying, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!”
14. And when He saw them, He said to them, “Go show yourselves to the priests.” And it came to pass that while they were going, they were cleansed.
15. Then one of them, seeing that he was healed, turned back, glorifying God with a loud voice;
16. And he fell on his face at His feet, giving thanks to Him; and he was a Samaritan.
17. And answering, Jesus said, “Were not ten cleansed? But where are the other nine?
18. Are not any found returning to give glory to God except this stranger?”
19. Then He said to him, “Arise and go. Your faith has healed you.”
20. Now when the Pharisees demanded of Him when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
21. Neither shall they say, ‘Behold, it is here!’ Or, ‘Behold, it is there!’ For behold, the kingdom of God is standing in the midst of you.”
22. Then He said to the disciples, “The days will come when you shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and shall not see it.
23. And they shall say to you, ‘Look here,’ or, ‘Look there.’ Do not go, neither follow them.
24. For as the light of day, whose light shines from one end under heaven to the other end under heaven, so also shall the Son of man be in His day.
25. But first it is necessary for Him to suffer many things and to be rejected by this generation.
26. Now as it was in the days of Noah, so also shall it be in the days of the Son of man.
27. They were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah went into the ark, and the Flood came and destroyed them all.
28. And it was the same way in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building;
29. But on the day that Lot went out from Sodom, it rained fire and sulphur from heaven and destroyed them all.
30. This is how it shall be in the day that the Son of man is revealed.
31. In that day, let not the one who is on the housetop, and his goods in the house, come down to take them away; and likewise, let not the one who is in the field return to the things behind.
32. Remember Lot’s wife.
33. Whoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
34. I tell you, in that night there shall be two in one bed; one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35. Two women shall be grinding together; one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
36. Two men shall be in the field; one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.”
37. And they answered, saying to Him, “Where, Lord?” And He said to them, “Where the body is, there will the eagles be gathered together.”
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved