2. Then He also saw a certain poor widow drop in two small coins.
3. And He said, “Of a truth, I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them;
4. For all these have from their abundance cast into the offerings to God; but she, out of her poverty, did put in all the livelihood that she had.”
5. And while some were speaking about the temple, how it was adorned with beautiful stones and consecrated gifts, He said,
6. “As for these things that you now see, the days will come in which there shall not be left one stone upon another that shall not be thrown down.”
7. And they asked Him, saying, “Master, when shall these things be? And what shall be the sign that these things are about to take place?”
8. And He said, “Beware that you be not deceived; for many shall come in My name, saying, ‘I am Christ’; and, ‘The time has drawn near.’ Therefore, do not go after them.
9. And when you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be terrified; for it is necessary that these things take place first, but the end will not come immediately.”
10. Then He said to them, “Nation shall rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom;
11. There shall also be great earthquakes in different places, and famines and pestilences; and there shall be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.
12. But before all these things, they shall lay their hands on you and shall persecute you, delivering you up to synagogues and prisons, and bringing you before kings and governors, for My name’s sake.
13. But it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14. Settle therefore in your hearts not to premeditate what you shall answer.
15. For I will give you a mouth and wisdom that all those who are opposing you shall not be able to reply to nor resist.
16. But you shall be delivered up even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they shall put some of you to death;
17. And you shall be hated by all because of My name.
18. But not a hair of your head shall by any means perish.
19. By your patient endurance you shall gain your lives.
20. But when you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, then know that her desolation has drawn near.
21. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, and let those within her go out, and let not those in the countries come into her;
22. For these are the days of vengeance, so that all things that have been written may be accomplished.
23. But woe to those who are with child and those who are giving suck in those days! For there shall be great distress upon the land and wrath upon this people.
24. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations; and Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
25. And there shall be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress and anxiety among the nations, the seas roaring with rolling surges;
26. Men dying of heart attacks from fear and dread of the things that are coming on the whole world; for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with great power and glory.
28. But when these things begin to take place, look up, and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
29. Then He spoke a parable to them: “Observe the fig tree, and all the trees.
30. When they have already begun to bud, and you look at them, you yourselves know that summer is near.
31. In the same way also, when you see these things coming to pass, know that the kingdom of God is near.
32. Truly I say to you, there is no way that this generation shall pass away until all these things have taken place.
33. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall never pass away.
34. Watch yourselves, lest your hearts be preoccupied with high living and drinking and the cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly.
35. For as a snare it shall come upon all those who dwell on the face of the earth.
36. Watch therefore, and pray at all times that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.”
37. And during the day He was in the temple teaching, and at night He went out and lodged on the mountain called the Mount of Olives.
38. And all the people came to Him in the temple early in the morning to hear Him.
V-2AAI-3S"Of a truth,G230
V-2AAI-3Sin more thanG4119
A-ASN-Call of them;G3956
CONJit was adornedG2885
"As for these thingsG5023
R-APNyou now see,G2334
R-DPFthere shall notG3756
PRT-Nbe thrown down."G2647
PRT-Ishall these thingsG5023
I-NSNshall be theG3588
V-PAS-3Sto take place?"G1096
V-PAM-2Pthat you be notG3361
N-NSMhas drawn near.'G1448
CONJit is necessaryG1163
V-PQI-3Sthat these thingsG5023
There shall alsoG5037
CONJthere shall beG2071
D-GPNthey shall layG1911
CONJyou shall be delivered upG3860
CONJthey shall put some ofG1537
N-NSFhas drawn near.G1448
ADVlet those whoG3588
T-DPFare giving suckG2337
CONJthere shall beG2071
CONJthey shall fallG4098
V-FNI-3Pby the edgeG4750
N-DSNof the sword,G3162
CONJshall be led away captiveG163
N-NPMof the GentilesG1484
CONJthere shall beG2071
N-DSFamong the nations,G1484
N-GPMdying of heart attacksG674
N-GSFof the things thatG3588
N-GPMshall be shaken.G4531
ADVshall they seeG3700
CONJwhen these thingsG5130
V-PMP-GPMto take place,G1096
N-NSFis drawing near."G1448
CONJthey have alreadyG2235
ADVbegun to bud,G4261
V-2AAS-3Pand you lookG991
ADVthe same way also,G2532
D-APNcoming to pass,G1096
PRT-Nway that thisG3778
N-NSFshall pass awayG3928
PRTall these thingsG3956
A-NPNhave taken place.G1096
N-DPFof this life,G982
CONJyou may be accounted worthyG2661
V-PAP-APNcome to pass,G1096
N-APFHe went outG1831
V-PPP-ASNthe Mount of Olives.G1636
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved