2. If you will not hear, and if you will not lay it to heart to give glory to My name,” says the LORD of hosts, “then I will send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings. Yea, I have indeed cursed them already because you do not lay it to heart.
3. Behold, I will rebuke your seed; and I will spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your appointed feasts. And one shall carry you away with it.
4. And you shall know that I have sent this commandment to you, so that My covenant might be with Levi,” says the LORD of hosts.
5. “My covenant with him was one of life and peace, and I gave them to him for fear; that he might fear Me, and he was in awe before My name.
6. The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips. He walked with Me in peace and uprightness, and turned away many from iniquity,
8. But you have departed out of the way; you have caused many to stumble at the law. You have corrupted the covenant of Levi,” says the LORD of hosts.
9. “Therefore I have also made you contemptible and base before all the people, just as you have not kept My ways but have been partial in the law.”
10. Have we not all one father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously, each man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?
11. Judah has dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem, for Judah has profaned the sanctuary of the LORD which He loves, and has married the daughter of a foreign god.
12. The LORD will cut off from the tents of Jacob the man who does this—the one who calls and the one who answers—and him who offers an offering to the LORD of hosts.
13. And this is a second thing you have done, covering the altar of the LORD with tears, weeping and groaning, so that He does not regard the offering and no longer receives it with delight from your hand.
14. Yet you say, “Why?” Because the LORD has been a witness between you and the wife of your youth, against whom you have dealt treacherously—yet she is your companion and your covenant wife.
15. And did He not make you one? Yet the vestige of the Spirit is in him. And why one? That He might seek a godly seed. Therefore guard your spirit, and do not act treacherously against the wife of your youth.
16. The LORD, the God of Israel, says, “I hate divorce—and the covering of violence with one’s garment,” says the LORD of hosts. “Therefore guard your spirit, and do not act treacherously.”
17. You have wearied the LORD with your words. Yet you say, “In what way have we wearied Him?” When you say, “Every evildoer is good in the eyes of the LORD, and He delights in them;” or, “Where is the God of judgment?”
HCyou will notH3808
HCHCyou will notH3808
HNcbsato My name,"H8034
HNcbpa"then I will sendH7971
HRHSp2mpand I will curseH779
HCHTaI have indeed cursed them alreadyH779
HCyou do notH369
HTmHSp1csI will rebukeH1605
HTdHNcmsaand I will spreadH2219
HNcbpcHSp2mpeven the dungH6569
HNcmscof your appointed feasts.H2282
HNcmpcHSp2mpAnd one shall carry you awayH5375
And you shall knowH3045
HCI have sentH7971
HRHSp2mpso that My covenantH1285
HCHTdHNcmsaand I gave themH5414
HNcmsathat he might fear Me,H3372
HPp3mswas in aweH2865
HVqp3fsin his mouth,H6310
HVNp3msin his lips.H8193
HNcfsaand the people should seekH1245
HCHNcfsaat his mouth;H6310
HPp3msis the messengerH4397
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HTdHNcbsayou have caused manyH7227
HVhp2mpat the law.H8451
HRdHNcfsaYou have corruptedH7843
HTryou have notH369
HNcbpcHSp1csbut have been partialH5375
HNcbpain the law."H8451
Have we notH3808
HTido we deal treacherously,H898
HNcmsaagainst his brother,H251
HNcfscof our fathers?H1
HNphas dealt treacherously,H898
HVqp3fsand an abominationH8441
HRHNpand in Jerusalem,H3389
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HVqp3msand has marriedH1166
HNcfscof a foreignH5236
HNpwill cut offH3772
HVhj3msfrom the tentsH168
HVqi3msHSnthe one who callsH5782
HVqrmsaand the one who answers—H6030
HCHVqrmsaand him who offersH5066
HNcfsato the LORDH3068
HCHPdxfsis a second thingH8145
HAofsayou have done,H6213
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HCHNcfsaso that He does notH369
HTdHNcfsaand no longerH5750
HNcmsafrom your hand.H3027
Yet you say,H559
HNphas been a witnessH5749
HNcfscof your youth,H5271
HPp2mshave dealt treacherously—H898
HRHSp3fsyet she isH1931
HNcfscHSp2msand your covenantH1285
And did HeH3808
HCHTnnot make youH6213
HAcmsaYet the vestigeH7605
HCHNcmscof the SpiritH7307
HTdHAcmsaThat He might seekH1245
HRHNcbscHSp2mpand do notH408
HTnact treacherously againstH898
HCHRHNcfscof your youth.H5271
HRHNcbscHSp2mpand do notH3808
You have weariedH3021
HNpwith your words.H1697
HRHNcmpcHSp2mpYet you say,H559
HCHVqq2mp"In what wayH4100
HRHTihave we wearied Him?"H3021
HVhp1cpWhen you say,H559
HAamsain the eyesH5869
HRHNcbdcof the LORD,H3068
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved