1. “Behold, I will send My messenger, and he will prepare the way before Me. And the Lord, Whom you seek, shall suddenly come to His temple, even the Messenger of the covenant, in Whom you delight. Behold, He comes,” says the LORD of hosts.
2. “But who can endure the day of His coming? And who shall stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner’s fire, and like fuller’s soap.
3. And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver. And He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
4. Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem shall be pleasing to the LORD, as in the days of old and as in former years.
5. And I will come near to you for judgment. And I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against those who swear falsely, and against those who extort from the hired laborer’s wages—and against those who turn away the widow, the orphan, and the stranger because they did not fear Me,” says the LORD of hosts,
6. “For I am the LORD, I change not. Therefore you sons of Jacob are not consumed.
7. From the days of your fathers, you have gone away from My statutes, and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you,” says the LORD of hosts. “But you say. ‘In what way shall we return?’
8. Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings!
9. You are cursed with a curse; for you are robbing Me, even this whole nation.
10. Bring all the tithes into the treasure house, so that there may be food in My house. And prove Me now with this,” says the LORD of hosts, “to see if I will not surely open the windows of heaven for you, and pour out a blessing for you, until there is not enough room to receive it.
11. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and it shall not destroy the fruit of your ground; nor shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field,” says the LORD of hosts.
12. “And all nations shall call you blessed; for you shall be a delightful land,” says the LORD of hosts.
13. “Your words have been all too strong against Me,” says the LORD. “Yet you say, ‘What have we spoken so strongly against You?’
14. You have said, ‘It is vain to serve God; and, what profit is it that we have kept His charge, and that we have walked mournfully before the LORD of hosts?
15. And now we are calling the arrogant blessed. Yea, they that work wickedness are built up, they even tempt God, and are delivered.’ ”
16. Then those fearing the LORD spoke together, each man to his neighbor. And the LORD listened and heard. And a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who feared the LORD, and for those who thought upon His name.
17. “And they shall be Mine,” says the LORD of hosts, “in the day that I will make up My own special jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.”
18. Then you shall return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between the one who serves God, and the one who does not serve Him.
HTmHSp1csI will sendH7971
HCHNcmscand he will prepareH6437
HRHNcbpcHSp1csAnd the Lord,H113
HNcmscHSp3mseven the MessengerH4397
HNcmscHSp1csof the covenant,H1285
HNcmscof His coming?H935
HTdHVqrmsawhen He appears?H7200
HPp3msislike a refiner'sH6884
HRHNcbsaand like fuller'sH3526
And He shall sitH3427
HCHVqq3msas a refinerH6884
HNcmsaAnd He shall purifyH2891
HCHVqq3cpthey may offerH5066
HVhrmpcunto the LORDH3068
Then the offeringH4503
HCHNpshall be pleasingH6149
HCHVqq3fsto the LORD,H3068
HRHNpas in the daysH3117
HNcmsaand as in formerH6931
And I will come nearH7126
HRdHNcmsaAnd I will beH1961
HNcmsaagainst the sorcerers,H3784
HRdHVprmpaand against the adulterers,H5003
HCHRdHVNrmpaagainstthose who swear falsely,H8267
HRdHNcmsaand against those who extortH6231
HCHRHVqrmpcfrom the hired laborer'sH7939
HAamsaand against those who turn awayH5186
HCHNcmsaand the strangerH1616
HNcmsabecause they did notH3808
From the daysH3117
HRHRHNcmpcof your fathers,H1
HNcmpcHSp2mpyou have gone awayH5493
HVqp2mpfrom My statutes,H2706
HRHNcmpcHSp1csand have notH3808
HRHSp1csand I will returnH7725
HNcbpa"But you say.H559
HCHVqq2mp'In what wayH4100
HRHTishall we return?'H7725
Will a manH120
HToHSp1csBut you say,H559
HRHTihave we robbed You?'H6906
HNcmscso that there may beH1961
HNcmsain My house.H1004
HRHNcmscHSp1csAnd prove MeH974
HNcbpa"to see ifH518
HCI will notH3808
HCHVhq1csout a blessingH1293
HNcmsaroom to receive it.
And I will rebukeH1605
HRdHVqrmsafor your sakes,Hl
HRHSp2mpand it shall notH3808
HCHTnshall your vineH1612
HTdHNcbsacast her fruitH7921
HRHSp2mpbefore the time in the field,"H7704
HTdHNcmpashall call you blessed;H833
HNcmpcHSp2mphave been all too strongH2388
HNp"Yet you say,H559
HTihave we spokenH1696
HVNp1cpso stronglyagainst You?'H5921
You have said,H559
HVqp2mp'It is vainH7723
HCHCwe have keptH8104
HCwe have walkedH1980
HPp1cparecalling the arrogantH2086
HTathey that workH6213
HNcfsaare built up,H1129
HNcmpaand are delivered.'”H4422
HVNp3cptogether, each manH376
HNcmscHSp3msAnd the LORDH3068
HCHVqw3msAnd a bookH5612
HRHNcbpcHSp3msfor those who fearedH3372
HNpand for those who thought uponH2803
"And they shall beH1961
HNcbpa"in the dayH3117
HVqrmsaup My own special jewels.H5459
HNcfsaAnd I will spareH2550
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved