1. And He rose up from there and came into the borders of Judea, by the other side of the Jordan. And the multitudes again came together to Him; and as had been His custom, He again taught them.
2. Then the Pharisees came to Him and, tempting Him, asked Him, “Is it lawful for a husband to divorce his wife?”
3. But He answered and said to them, “What did Moses command you?”
4. And they said, “Moses allowed a bill of divorcement to be written to divorce.”
5. Then Jesus answered and said to them, “He wrote this commandment for you because of your hardheartedness.
6. But from the beginning of creation God made them male and female.
7. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined to his wife;
8. And the two shall become one flesh. So then, they are no longer two, but one flesh.
9. Therefore, what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
10. And when He was in the house again, His disciples asked Him concerning the same thing.
11. And He said to them, “Whoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, commits adultery against her.
12. And if a woman shall divorce her husband, and be married to another, she commits adultery.”
13. Then they brought little children to Him so that He might touch them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them.
14. And after seeing it, Jesus was indignant, and said to them, “Allow the little children to come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.
15. Truly I say to you, whoever shall not receive the kingdom of God like a little child shall in no way enter into it.”
16. And He took them up in His arms, laid His hands on them and blessed them.
17. And as He went out to the road, one came running up and knelt down before Him, and asked Him, “Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?”
18. But Jesus answered him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except one; that is God.
19. You know the commandments: ‘You shall not commit adultery’; ‘You shall not commit murder’; ‘You shall not steal’; ‘You shall not bear false witness’; ‘You shall not defraud’; ‘Honor your father and mother.’ “
20. And he answered and said to Him, “Master, I have kept all these from my youth.”
21. And Jesus, as He was looking upon him, loved him, and said to him, “There is one thing that you are lacking. Go and sell everything that you have, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross and follow Me.”
22. But he was very sad upon hearing these words, and he went away grieving, because he had many possessions.
23. And after looking around, Jesus said to His disciples, “How difficult it is for those who have riches to enter into the kingdom of God!”
24. But the disciples were astonished at His words. And again Jesus answered and said to them, “Children, how difficult it is for those who trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!
25. It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”
26. And they were astonished beyond measure, saying among themselves, “Who then is able to be saved?”
27. But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God.”
28. Then Peter began to say to Him, “Behold, we have left everything and have followed You.”
29. And Jesus answered and said, “Truly I say to you, there is not one who has left house, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for My sake and for the gospel’s,
30. Who shall not receive a hundredfold now in this time: houses, and brothers, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the age that is coming, eternal life.
31. But many of the first shall be last, and the last shall be first.”
32. And they were on the road going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus went in front of them; and they were amazed at this; and as they followed Him, they were afraid. Then He again took the twelve and began to tell them the things that were about to happen to Him:
33. “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of man shall be delivered up to the chief priests and the scribes; and they shall condemn Him to death, and shall deliver Him up to the Gentiles;
34. And they shall mock Him, and shall scourge Him, and shall spit on Him, and shall kill Him; and on the third day He shall rise again.”
35. Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Him, saying, “Master, we desire that whatever we ask, You would do for us.”
36. And He said to them, “What do you desire to have Me do for you?”
37. And they said to Him, “Grant to us that we may sit one at Your right hand and one at Your left hand in Your glory.”
38. But Jesus said to them, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?”
39. And they said to Him, “We are able.” Then Jesus said to them, “You shall indeed drink the cup that I drink; and you shall be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with.
40. But to sit at My right hand and at My left hand is not Mine to give, but to those for whom it has been prepared.”
41. And when the ten heard this, they began to show indignation toward James and John.
42. Then Jesus called them to Him and said to them, “You know that those who are counted worthy to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority over them.
43. But it shall not be this way among you; rather, whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant;
44. And whoever desires to be first among you shall be the bondslave of all.
45. For even the Son of man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.”
46. Then they came to Jericho. And as He and His disciples were going up from Jericho with a large multitude, Bartimeus the blind man, the son of Timeus, was sitting beside the road begging.
47. And after hearing that it was Jesus the Nazarene, he began to cry out, saying, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
48. Then many began to rebuke him, so that he would be silent; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
49. And Jesus stood still and asked for him to be called. And they called the blind man, saying to him, “Be of good courage; rise up, for He is calling you.”
50. And after casting aside his beggar’s cloak, he arose and came to Jesus.
51. Then Jesus answered him and said, “What do you desire to have Me do for you?” And the blind man said to Him, “Master, that I may receive sight.”
52. And Jesus said to him “Go your way, for your faith has healed you.” Then he immediately received sight, and he followed Jesus in the way.
And He rose upG450
CONJhad been His custom,G1486
N-NPM-Tcame to HimG4334
V-PAI-3Sfor a husbandG435
For this causeG1752
D-GSNshall a manG444
CONJshall be joinedG4347
CONJwhen He was inG1722
PREPthe same thing.G846
CONDshall put awayG630
CONJHe might touchG680
CONJafter seeing it,G1492
CONJa little childG3813
N-NSNshall in noG3756
CONJas He went outG1607
A-NSMcame running upG4370
CONJknelt down beforeG1120
I-ASNshall I doG4160
CONJI may inheritG2816
I-ASNdo you callG3004
T-NSMthat is God.G2316
N-APF'You shall notG3361
V-AAS-2S'You shall notG3361
V-AAS-2S'You shall notG3361
V-AAS-2S'You shall notG3361
PRT-Nbear false witness';G5576
V-AAS-2S'You shall notG3361
N-NSM-Pas He was lookingG1689
P-DSM"There is one thingG1520
K-APNthat you have,G2192
CONJyou shall haveG2192
T-NSMhe was very sadG4768
N-DSMand he went awayG565
CONJafter looking around,G4017
ADVit is for thoseG3588
V-PXI-3Sfor those whoG3588
A-NSN-Cfor a camelG2574
CONJfor a rich manG4145
T-NPMthey were astonishedG1605
I-NSMthen is ableG1410
V-PNI-3Sto be saved?"G4982
N-DPMit is impossible,G102
V-IXI-3Sin front ofG4254
CONJthey were amazedG2284
V-IPI-3Pat this; andG2532
CONJas they followed Him,G190
V-PAP-NPMthey were afraid.G5399
P-DPMthe things thatG3588
INJwe are going upG305
N-GSMshall be delivered upG3860
CONJthey shall condemnG2632
P-ASMup to theG3588
CONJthey shall mockG1702
CONJshall spit onG1716
CONJon the thirdG5154
N-APFHe shall rise again."G450
V-AAS-1PYou would doG4160
CONJwe may sitG2523
P-DPM"You do notG3756
V-PMI-2PAre you able to drinkG4095
CONJto be baptizedG907
P-1NSam baptized with?"G907
P-DSM"We are able."G1410
P-DPM"You shall indeedG3303
CONJyou shall be baptized withG907
P-1NSam baptized with.G907
CONJto those for whomG3739
R-DPMit has been prepared."G2090
P-APMto Him and saidG3004
V-PAP-NPMworthy to ruleG757
CONJit shall notG3756
PRT-Nto be served,G1247
N-ASFas a ransomG3083
N-GPMwere going upG1607
V-ADI-3Sto cry out,G2896
A-NPMbegan to rebukeG2008
CONJhe would be silent;G4623
T-NSMhe cried outG2896
V-IAI-3Sall the more,G3123
P-ASMto be called.G5455
P-DSM"Be of good courage;G2293
V-PAM-2Sfor He is callingG5455
I-ASNdo you desireG2309
V-PAI-2Sto have Me doG4160
CONJI may receive sight."G308
P-DSM"Go your way,G5217
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved