1. And when they came to Bethphage and Bethany, which were near to Jerusalem, toward the Mount of Olives, He sent two of His disciples;
2. And He said to them, “Go into the village ahead of you, and as soon as you enter it you will find a colt tied, upon which no man has sat. After loosing it, lead it to Me.
3. And if anyone says to you, ‘Why are you doing this?’ say, ‘The Lord has need of it’; and he will send it here immediately.”
4. And they went to the village and found the colt tied outside, at the door of a house by the crossroad; and they loosed it.
5. Then some of those who were standing there said to them, “Why are you loosing the colt?”
6. And they answered them as Jesus had commanded. Then they allowed them to take it.
7. And they led the colt to Jesus; and they laid their garments upon it, and He sat on it.
8. Then many spread their garments in the road, and others cut down branches from the trees, and scattered them in the road.
9. And those who went before and those who followed behind were crying out, saying, “Hosanna! Blessed is He Who comes in the name of the Lord.
10. Blessed is the kingdom of our father David, coming in the name of the Lord. Hosanna in the highest!”
11. And Jesus entered Jerusalem and went into the temple; and because the hour was already late, after looking around at everything there, He went out to Bethany with the twelve.
12. And in the morning, after they left Bethany, He became hungry.
13. Then, seeing a fig tree afar off that had leaves, He went to it to see if He might possibly find something on it. But after coming to it, He found nothing except leaves because it was not yet the season for figs.
14. And Jesus responded by saying to it, “Let no one eat fruit from you any more forever!” And His disciples heard it.
15. Then they came into Jerusalem; and after entering the temple, Jesus began to cast out those who were buying and selling in the temple; and He overthrew the tables of the money exchangers and the seats of those who were selling doves.
16. Moreover, He did not allow anyone to carry a vessel through the temple.
17. And He taught, saying to them, “Is it not written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations’? But you have made it a den of robbers.”
18. Now the chief priests and the scribes heard this, and they sought how they might destroy Him; for they feared Him, because all the multitudes marveled at His teaching.
19. And when evening came, He went out of the city.
20. And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
21. Then Peter remembered and said to Him, “Look, Master! The fig tree that You cursed has dried up.”
22. And Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith from God.
23. For truly I say to you, whoever shall say to this mountain, ‘Be taken away and be cast into the sea,’ and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that what he said will take place, he shall have whatever he shall say.
24. For this reason I say to you, all the things that you ask when you are praying, believe that you will receive them, and they shall be given to you.
25. But when you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive, so that your Father Who is in heaven may forgive you your offenses.
26. For if you do not forgive, neither will your Father Who is in heaven forgive you your offenses.”
27. Then they came again to Jerusalem. And as He was walking in the temple, the chief priests and the scribes and the elders came to Him;
28. And they said to Him, “By what authority are You doing these things? And who gave You this authority, that You do these things?”
29. Then Jesus answered and said to them, “I also will ask you one thing, and if you answer Me, I will also tell you by what authority I do these things.
30. The baptism of John, was it from heaven or from men? Answer Me.”
31. And they reasoned among themselves, saying, “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ He will say, ‘Why then did you not believe him?’
32. But if we say, ‘From men’ ” —they feared the people, because everyone held that John was indeed a prophet.
33. And they answered Jesus by saying, “We do not know.” Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.”
N-ASF-Lwhich were nearG4314
CONJas soon asG2112
P-ASFyou will findG2147
CONJhe will sendG649
CONJthey went to the villageG565
N-ASFof a house byG1909
CONJsome of thoseG5100
V-PAP-NPMbehind were crying out,G2896
V-RPP-NSMis He WhoG3588
N-DSNof the Lord.G2962
A-GSFafter looking aroundG4017
A-APNthere, He went outG1831
V-2AAP-NSMa fig treeG4808
V-2AAI-3Sto it to see ifG1487
CONJHe might possiblyG686
PRT-Nyet the seasonG2540
P-DSF"Let no oneG3367
V-ADI-3Sto cast outG1544
N-APFof those whoG3588
P-DPM"Is it notG3756
N-NSMshall be calledG2564
ADVthey might destroyG622
V-ADI-2Shas dried up."G3583
N-DSN'Be taken awayG142
V-PAI-3Swill take place,G1096
CONDhe shall say.G2036
PRTthat you askG154
V-PMI-2Pwhen you are praying,G4336
CONJyou will receiveG2983
CONJthey shall beG2071
V-FXI-3Sgiven to you.G5213
N-DSFare You doingG4160
CONJif you answerG611
P-1DSI will also tellG2046
N-GSMHe will say,G2046
CONJdid you notG3756
N-GPM" — they fearedG5399
V-PAI-3P"We do notG3756
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved