1. And they came to the other side of the sea, to the country of the Gadarenes.
2. And as soon as He had left the ship, there met Him from out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
3. Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no one had the power to restrain him even with chains;
4. For he had often been bound with fetters and chains, but the chains had been torn to pieces by him, and the fetters had been shattered; and no one had the strength to subdue him.
5. And continually, night and day, in the mountains and in the tombs, he was screaming and cutting himself with stones.
6. But when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him.
7. And crying out with a loud voice, he said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of God the Most High? I adjure You by God, do not torment me.”
8. For He was saying to it, “Unclean spirit, come out of the man.”
9. And He asked it, “What is your name?” And it answered, “My name is Legion, because we are many.”
10. And it begged Him again and again that He would not send them out of the country.
11. Now near the mountain, there was a large herd of swine feeding;
12. And all the demons pleaded with Him, saying, “Send us to the swine, so that we may enter into them.”
13. Then Jesus immediately permitted them to go. And the unclean spirits went out of the man and entered into the swine; and the herd stampeded down the steep slope into the sea (now they were about two thousand), and they all drowned in the sea.
14. And those who were feeding the swine fled in fear and reported it in the city and in the country. Then they went out to see what it was that had been done.
15. And they came to Jesus and saw the man who had been possessed by demons, the one who had the Legion, sitting and clothed and of a sound mind; and they were afraid.
16. Then those who had seen it reported to them what had happened to the one who had been possessed by demons, and the things concerning the swine.
17. And they began to urge Him to depart from their borders.
18. Now when He boarded the ship, the one who had been possessed by demons begged Him that he might be with Him.
19. But Jesus did not permit him, rather he said to him, “Go to your house and to your own, and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how He has pitied you.”
20. Then he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him; and all were amazed.
21. Now when Jesus had again crossed to the other side of the sea by ship, a great multitude was gathered to Him; and He was by the sea.
22. And behold, one of the rulers of the synagogue came, Jairus by name; and when he saw Him, he fell at His feet;
23. And he earnestly besought Him, saying, “My little daughter is at the point of death. I beg You to come and lay Your hands on her, so that she may be healed; and she shall live.”
24. And He departed with him; and a great multitude followed Him, pressing around Him.
25. Then a certain woman who had been afflicted with an issue of blood for twelve years,
26. And had suffered greatly under the hand of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was not benefited in any way but rather was getting worse,
27. When she heard about Jesus, came in the multitude behind Him and touched His garment;
28. For she said, “If I can only touch His garments, I shall be cured.”
29. And at once the fountain of her blood was dried up, and she knew in her body that she was healed from the scourge.
30. Now Jesus knew immediately within Himself that power had gone out of Him; and turning in the crowd, He said, “Who touched My garments?”
31. But His disciples said to Him, “You see the crowd pressing around You, and You ask, ‘Who touched Me?’ ”
32. Then He looked around to see who had done this.
33. And the woman, frightened and trembling, knowing what had been done in her, came and fell down before Him, and told Him all the truth.
34. Then He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has cured you. Go in peace, and be whole from your scourge.”
36. But when Jesus heard the words that were spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not be afraid. Only believe.”
37. And He did not allow anyone to accompany Him except Peter and James and John, the brother of James.
38. Now when He came to the house of the ruler of the synagogue, He saw a tumult, and people weeping and wailing loudly.
39. And when He had entered, He said to them, “Why are you making a tumult and weeping? The child is not dead, but is only sleeping.”
40. And they laughed at Him in disbelief. But after He had put them all out, He took with Him the father and the mother of the child, and those with Him, and went into the room where the child was lying.
42. And immediately the little girl arose and walked, for she was twelve years old. And they were filled with great amazement.
43. Then He strictly charged them that no one should know this, and He told them to give her something to eat.
CONJas soon asG2112
P-DSMfrom out ofG1537
A-NSMhad the powerG1410
N-APFhad been torn to piecesG1288
N-APFhad been shattered;G4937
A-NSMhad the strengthG2480
V-AAP-NSMoutwith a loudG3173
CONJwe may enterG1525
P-DPNto go. AndG2532
V-2AAP-NPNof the man andenteredG1525
CONJthey all drownedG4155
CONJthey went outG1831
T-NSNhad been done.G1096
V-PAI-3Pthe man whoG3588
T-ASMhad been possessed by demons,G1139
V-PNP-ASMthe one whoG3588
CONJof a sound mind;G4993
CONJthey were afraid.G5399
V-2ADI-3Sto the one whoG3588
T-DSMhad been possessed by demons,G1139
N-ASNthe one whoG3588
T-NSMhad been possessed by demonsG1139
CONJhe might beG5600
CONJhowHe has pitiedG1653
ADVof the seabyG1722
T-GPMrulers of the synagogueG752
CONJwhen he sawG1492
ADVat the point of death.G2192
V-PAI-3SI begYou to comeG2064
ADVshe may be healed;G4982
CONJshe shall live."G2198
PREPthe hand ofmanyG4183
V-APP-NSFin any way butG235
When she heardG191
N-GSNwas dried up,G3583
CONJshe was healedG2390
R-NSNhad been doneG1096
CONJfell down beforeG4363
T-GSMruler of the synagogue'sG752
N-ASMthat were spoken,G2980
T-DSMruler of the synagogue,G752
CONJHe did notG3756
CONJwhen He cameG2064
T-GSMruler of the synagogue,G752
CONJwhen He had entered,G1525
I-ASNare you making a tumultG2350
CONJis only sleeping."G2518
P-GSMin disbelief. ButG1161
T-NSMafter He had put them allG537
V-PAI-3Swith Him theG3588
CONJthey were filledG1839
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved