1. And it came to pass that when Jesus had finished these sayings, He departed from Galilee and came to the borders of Judea beyond the Jordan.
2. And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them there.
3. Then the Pharisees came to Him and tempted Him, saying to Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any cause?”
4. But He answered them, saying, “Have you not read that He Who made them from the beginning made them male and female,
5. And said, ‘For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh’?
6. So then, they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
7. They said to Him, “Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?”
8. He said to them, “Because of your hardheartedness, Moses allowed you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it was not so.
9. And I say to you, whoever shall divorce his wife, except it be for sexual immorality, and shall marry another, is committing adultery; and the one who marries her who has been divorced is committing adultery.”
10. His disciples said to Him, “If that is the case of a man with a wife, it is better not to marry.”
11. But He said to them, “Not everyone can receive this word, but only those to whom it has been given.
12. For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who is able to receive it, let him receive it.”
14. But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”
15. And after laying His hands on them, He departed from there.
18. Then he said to Him, “Which?” And Jesus said, ” ‘You shall not commit murder’; ‘You shall not commit adultery’; ‘You shall not steal’; ‘You shall not bear false witness’;
19. ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”
20. The young man said to Him, “I have kept all these things from my youth. What do I yet lack?”
21. Jesus said to him, “If you desire to be perfect, go and sell your property, and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come and follow Me.”
22. But after hearing this word, the young man went away grieving, because he had many possessions.
23. Then Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it is extremely difficult for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24. And again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”
25. But after hearing this, the disciples were greatly astonished and said, “Who then is able to be saved?”
26. But Jesus looked at them and said, “With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”
27. Then Peter answered and said to Him, “Behold, we have left everything and have followed You. What then shall be for us?”
28. And Jesus said to them, “Truly I say to you who have followed Me: in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit upon the throne of His glory, you also shall sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29. And everyone who has left houses, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for My name’s sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit eternal life.
30. But many of the first shall be last, and the last first.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved