1. “The kingdom of heaven shall be compared to a man, a master of a house, who went out early in the morning to hire workmen for his vineyard.
2. And after agreeing with the workmen on a silver coin for the day’s wage, he sent them into his vineyard.
3. And when he went out about the third hour, he saw others standing idle in the marketplace;
4. And he said to them, ‘Go also into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’
5. And they went. Again, after going out about the sixth hour and the ninth hour, he did likewise.
6. And about the eleventh hour, he went out and found others standing idle, and said to them, ‘Why have you been standing here idle all the day?’
7. They said to him, ‘Because no one has hired us.’ He said to them, ‘Go also into my vineyard, and whatever is right you shall receive.’
8. And when evening came, the lord of the vineyard said to his steward, ‘Call the workmen and pay them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.’
9. And when those who were hired about the eleventh hour came, they each received a silver coin.
10. But when the first ones came, they thought that they would receive more; but each of them also received a silver coin.
11. And after receiving it, they complained against the master of the house,
12. Saying, ‘These who came last have worked one hour, and you have made them equal to us, who have carried the burden and the heat of the day.’
13. But he answered and said to them, ‘Friend, I am not doing you wrong. Did you not agree with me on a silver coin for the day?
14. Take what is yours and go, for I also desire to give to the last ones exactly as I gave to you.
15. And is it not lawful for me to do what I will with that which is my own? Is your eye evil because I am good?’
16. So the last shall be first, and the first shall be last; for many are called, but few are chosen.”
17. And while they were going up to Jerusalem, Jesus took the twelve disciples aside in the way and said to them,
18. “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of man shall be betrayed to the chief priests and scribes, and they shall condemn Him to death;
19. And they shall deliver Him up to the Gentiles to mock Him, and to scourge Him, and to crucify Him; but He shall rise again the third day.”
21. And He said to her, “What do you desire?” She said to Him, “Grant that these my two sons may sit one at Your right hand and one at Your left hand in Your kingdom.”
22. But Jesus answered and said, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?” They said to Him, “We are able.”
23. And He said to them, “You shall indeed drink of My cup, and shall be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with; but to sit at My right hand and at My left hand is not Mine to give, but shall be given to those for whom it has been prepared by My Father.”
24. And after hearing this, the ten were indignant against the two brothers.
25. But Jesus called them to Him and said, “You know that the rulers of the nations exercise lordship over them, and the great ones exercise authority over them.
26. However, it shall not be this way among you; but whoever would become great among you, let him be your servant;
27. And whoever would be first among you, let him be your slave;
28. Just as the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.”
29. And as they were going out of Jericho, a great multitude followed Him.
30. And behold, two blind men sitting beside the road, when they heard that Jesus was passing by, cried out, saying, “Have mercy on us, Lord, Son of David!”
31. Then the multitude rebuked them, so that they would be silent. But they cried out all the more, saying, “Have mercy on us, Lord, Son of David!”
32. And Jesus stopped and called them, and said, “What do you desire that I do for you?”
33. They said to Him, “Lord, that our eyes may be opened.”
34. And being moved with compassion, Jesus touched their eyes; and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him.
A-NSFto a man,G444
N-DSMa master of a house,G3617
V-2AAI-3Searly in the morningG260
PREPa silver coinG1220
N-ASFwage, he sentG649
CONJwhen he went outG1831
And he saidG2036
A-NSNI will giveG1325
ADVafter going outG1831
N-ASFhe went outG1831
I-ASNhave you been standingG2476
A-ASNyou shall receive.'G2983
CONJthey would receiveG2983
V-2AAI-3Pa silver coin.G1220
CONJyou have madeG4160
N-VSMI am notG3756
V-PAI-1SDid you notG3780
P-1DSon a silver coinG1220
N-GSNfor the day?>
CONJI also desireG2309
CONJis it notG3756
CONJwhile they were going upG305
INJwe are going upG305
N-GSMshall be betrayedG3860
CONJthey shall condemnG2632
CONJthey shall deliverG3860
CONJHe shall rise againG450
V-PAP-NSFa certain thingG5100
I-ASNdo you desire?"G2309
V-2AAI-3S"You do notG3756
I-ASNyou are asking.G154
V-PMI-2PAre you ableG1410
CONJto be baptizedG907
V-PPI-1Swith?" They saidG3004
P-DSM"We are able."G1410
P-DPM"You shall indeedG3303
CONJshall be baptizedG907
CONJshall be given to thosefor whomG3739
R-DPMit has been preparedG2090
P-APMto Him and said,G2036
N-GPNexercise lordship overG2634
A-NPMexercise authority overG2715
CONJit shall notG3756
P-2DPlet him beG2077
V-2AAI-3Sto be served,G1247
N-ASFwhen they heardG191
N-NSM-Pwas passing by,G3855
V-PAP-NPM"Have mercy onG1653
CONJthey would be silent.G4623
T-NPMthey cried outG2896
V-PAP-NPM"Have mercy onG1653
I-ASNdo you desireG2309
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved