1. Now it came to pass that when Jesus had finished all these sayings, He said to His disciples,
2. “You know that after two days the Passover takes place, and the Son of man is delivered up to be crucified.”
3. Then the chief priests and the scribes and the elders of the people assembled together in the court of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas;
4. And they took counsel together for the purpose of seizing Jesus by treachery, and killing Him.
5. But they said, “Not during the feast, so that there will not be a riot among the people.”
6. Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in Simon the leper’s house,
7. A woman came to Him with an alabaster flask of ointment, very precious, and poured it on His head as He sat down to eat.
8. But when His disciples saw it, they became indignant and said, “What reason is there for this waste?
9. For this ointment could have been sold for much, and the money given to the poor.”
10. But Jesus knew this and said to them, “Why do you cause trouble for this woman? For she has performed a good work toward Me.
12. What this woman did in pouring this ointment on My body, she did for My burial.
13. Truly I say to you, wherever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, what this woman has done shall also be spoken of for a memorial of her.”
14. Then one of the twelve, who was called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests,
15. And said, “What are you willing to give me, and I will deliver Him up to you?” And they offered him thirty pieces of silver.
16. And from that time he sought an opportunity to betray Him.
17. Now on the first of the unleaveneds, (see explanation) the disciples came to Jesus, saying to Him, “Where do You desire that we prepare for You to eat the Passover?”
18. And He said, “Go into the city to such a man, and say to him, ‘The Teacher says, “My time is near; I will keep the Passover with My disciples at your house.” ‘ “
19. Then the disciples did as Jesus had directed them, and prepared the Passover.
20. And after evening had come, He sat down with the twelve.
21. And as they were eating, He said, “Truly I say to you, one of you shall betray Me.”
22. And being sorely grieved, each of them began to say to Him, “Am I the one, Lord?”
23. But He answered and said, “He who dipped his hand with Me in the dish, he shall betray Me.
24. The Son of man indeed goes, as it has been written concerning Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would be better for him if that man had not been born.”
25. Then Judas, who was betraying Him, answered and said, “Am I the one, Master?” He said to him, “You have said it.”
26. And as they were eating, Jesus took the bread and blessed it; then He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.”
27. And He took the cup; and after giving thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “All of you drink of it;
28. For this is My blood, the blood of the New Covenant, which is poured out for many for the remission of sins.
29. But I say to you, from this time forward I will not drink at all of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it anew with you in the kingdom of My Father.”
30. And after singing a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.
31. Then Jesus said to them, “All of you shall be offended in Me during this night; for it is written, ‘I will smite the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.’
32. But after I have been raised, I will go before you into Galilee.”
33. Then Peter answered and said to Him, “Even if all shall be offended in You, I will never be offended.”
34. Jesus said to him, “Truly I say to you, during this very night, before the cock crows, you yourself shall deny Me three times.”
35. Peter said to Him, “Even if I were required to die with You, in no way would I ever deny You.” All the disciples also spoke in like manner.
36. Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane; and He said to His disciples, “Sit here, while I go onward and pray.”
37. And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be very melancholy and deeply depressed.
38. Then He said to them, “My soul is deeply grieved, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me.”
39. And after going forward a little, He fell on His face, praying, and saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”
40. Then He came to His disciples and found them sleeping. And He said to Peter, “What! Were you not able to watch with Me one hour?
41. Watch and pray, so that you do not enter into temptation; the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
42. The second time He went again and prayed, saying, “My Father, if this cup cannot pass from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.”
43. Now when He came to them, He found them asleep again, because their eyes were heavy.
44. And leaving them, He went again and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.
45. Then He came to His disciples and said to them, “Sleep on now, and take your rest. Behold, the hour has drawn near, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
46. Arise! Let us be going. Look, the one who is betraying Me is approaching.”
47. And while He was yet speaking, Judas, one of the twelve, suddenly appeared, and with him a great crowd with swords and clubs, from the chief priests and elders of the people.
48. Now the one who was betraying Him gave them a sign, saying, “Whomever I shall kiss, He is the One. Arrest Him!”
49. And as soon as he came to Jesus, he said, “Hail, Rabbi,” and earnestly kissed Him.
50. But Jesus said to him, “Friend, for what purpose have you come?” Then they came and laid their hands on Jesus, and arrested Him.
51. And one of those with Jesus suddenly stretched out his hand, drew his sword, and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.
52. Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back in its place; for all who take up the sword shall die by the sword.
53. Don’t you realize that I have the power to call upon the Father at this time, and He will furnish Me with more than twelve legions of angels?
54. But how then shall the Scriptures be fulfilled? For this is ordained to be.”
55. At that point Jesus said to the crowd, “Have you come out to take Me with swords and clubs, as against a robber? I sat day after day with you, teaching in the temple, and you did not arrest Me.
56. But all this has happened so that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.
57. But those who had arrested Jesus led Him away to Caiaphas the high priest, where the scribes and the elders were assembled.
58. And Peter followed Him from a distance, even to the court of the high priest; and after going inside, he sat down with the officers to see what the end would be.
59. Now the chief priests and the elders and the whole Sanhedrin sought false evidence against Jesus, so that they might put Him to death;
60. But they did not find any. Although many false witnesses came forward, they did not find any evidence.
61. Then at the last, two false witnesses came forward and said, “This Man said, ‘I have the power to destroy the temple of God, and to rebuild it in three days.’ “
62. And the high priest rose up and said to Him, “Have You no answer for what these are testifying against You?”
63. But Jesus was silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I adjure You by the living God that You tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God.”
64. Jesus said to him, “You have said it. Moreover, I say to you, in the future you shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.”
65. Then the high priest ripped his own garments, saying, “He has blasphemed! Why do we need any more witnesses? Behold, you have just now heard His blasphemy.
66. What do you think?” They answered and said, “He is deserving of death!”
67. Then they spit in His face and hit Him with their fists; and some struck Him with rods,
68. Saying, “Prophesy to us, Christ. Who is the one that struck You?”
69. Now Peter was sitting outside in the court; and a maid came to him, saying, “You also were with Jesus the Galilean.”
70. But he denied it before everyone, saying, “I don’t know what you are talking about.”
71. And after he went out into the porch, another maid saw him and said to those there, “This man was also with Jesus the Nazarean.”
72. Then again he denied it with an oath, saying, “I do not know the Man.”
74. Then he began to curse and to swear, saying, “I do not know the Man.” And immediately a cock crowed.
75. And Peter remembered the words of Jesus, Who had said to him, “Before the cock crows, you yourself shall deny Me three times.” And he went out and wept bitterly.
CONJit came to passG1096
N-GSMis delivered upG3860
CONJthere will notG3361
V-PAP-NSFan alabaster flaskG211
N-GSFas He sat downG345
V-2AAP-NPMit, theybecame indignantG23
I-ASNdo you causeG3930
CONJshe has performedG2038
N-NSNshall be preachedG2784
I-ASNare you willingG2309
P-ASMup to you?"G5213
A-APN-NUIpieces of silver.G694
ADV-Ido You desireG2309
ADVI will keepG4160
CONJit has been writtenG1125
V-PPI-3SIt would beG2258
P-1NSthe one, Master?"G4461
V-AAP-NSMit; then HebrokeG2806
CONJafter giving thanks,G2168
A-NPMof you drinkG4095
T-NSNis poured outG1632
PREPthis time forwardG737
CONJI will notG3756
V-2AAS-1Sat all ofG1537
P-2NPshall be offendedG4624
CONJit is written,G1125
V-RPI-3S'I will smiteG3960
N-GSFshall be scattered abroad.'G1287
A-NPMshall be offendedG4624
V-AANyou yourself shall denyG533
ADVI were requiredG1163
PRT-Nway would IG3165
V-2AAI-3Pin like manner.G3668
CONJHe took with HimG3880
V-ADI-3Sto be very melancholyG3076
CONJafter going forwardG4281
ADVWere you notG3756
CONJyou do notG3361
V-2AAP-NSMto them, He foundG2147
CONJtake your rest.G373
N-NSFhas drawn near,G1448
P-GSMwas yet speaking,G2980
T-NSMwho was betrayingG3860
PRTI shall kiss,G5368
R-ASNpurposehave you come?"G3918
N-GSM-Psuddenly stretched outG1614
CONJI have the powerG1410
V-PNI-1Sto call uponG3870
N-ASMat this time,G737
CONJHe will furnishG3936
N-DPM"Have you come outG1831
CONJyou did notG3756
N-GPMmight be fulfilled."G4137
T-NPMwho had arrestedG2902
N-ASM-Pled Him awayG520
ADVhe sat downG2521
CONJthey might put HimG846
CONJat the last,G5305
V-IAI-3S'I have the powerG1410
P-DSM"Have You noG3762
D-NPMare testifying againstG2649
P-2DPin the futureG575
ADVyou shall seeG3700
CONJ"He has blasphemed!G987
V-AAM-2Syou have just nowG3568
PREPa little while,G3397
CONJ"I do notG3756
N-GSM-PWho had saidG2046
V-AANyou yourself shall denyG533
CONJhe went outG1831
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved