1. “Then shall the kingdom of heaven be compared to ten virgins, who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3. The ones who were foolish took their lamps, but they did not take oil with them;
4. But the wise took oil in their vessels along with their lamps.
5. Now when the bridegroom was gone a long time, they all became drowsy and slept.
6. But in the middle of the night there was a cry: ‘Look, the bridegroom is coming! Go out to meet him.’
7. Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.’
9. But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there not be enough for us and for you. But instead, go to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’
10. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding feast, and the door was shut.
11. And afterwards the other virgins also came, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us.’
12. But He answered and said, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’
13. Watch, therefore, for you do not know the day nor the hour in which the Son of man is coming.
14. For the kingdom of heaven is like a man leaving the country, who called his own servants and delivered to them his property.
15. Now to one he gave five talents, and to another two, and to another one; he gave to each one according to his own ability, and immediately left the country.
16. Then the one who had received five talents went and traded with them, and made an additional five talents.
17. In the same way also, the one who had received two talents also gained two others.
18. But the one who had received the single talent went and dug in the earth, and hid his lord’s money.
19. Now after a long time, the lord of those servants came to take account with them.
20. Then the one who had received five talents came to him and brought an additional five talents, saying, ‘Lord, you delivered five talents to me; see, I have gained five other talents besides them.’
21. And his lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! Because you were faithful over a few things, I will set you over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
22. And the one who had received two talents also came to him and said, ‘Lord, you delivered to me two talents; see, I have gained two other talents besides them.’
23. His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! Because you were faithful over a few things, I will set you over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
24. Then the one who had received the single talent also came to him and said, ‘Lord, I knew that you are a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you did not scatter.
25. And because I was afraid, I went and hid your talent in the earth. Now look, you have your own.’
26. His lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant! You knew that I reap where I did not sow, and gather what I did not scatter.
27. Because you knew this, you were duty-bound to take my talent to the money exchangers, so that when I came, I could have received my own with interest.
28. Therefore, take the talent from him, and give it to the one who has ten talents.
29. For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he shall have abundance; on the other hand, as for the one who does not have, even that which he has shall be taken from him.
30. And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness.’ There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
31. Now when the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory;
32. And He shall gather before Him all the nations; and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
33. And He shall set the sheep at His right hand, but the goats at His left.
34. Then shall the King say to those at His right hand, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you took Me in;
36. I was naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’
37. Then shall the righteous answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and fed You? Or thirsty, and gave You a drink?
38. And when did we see You a stranger, and took You in? Or naked, and clothed You?
39. And when did we see You sick, or in prison, and came to You?’
40. And answering, the King shall say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, inasmuch as you have done it to one of the least of these My brethren, you have done it to Me.’
41. Then shall He also say to those on the left, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire, which has been prepared for the devil and his angels.
42. For I was hungry, and you did not give Me anything to eat; I was thirsty, and you did not give Me anything to drink;
43. I was a stranger, and you did not take Me in; I was naked, and you did not clothe Me; I was sick, and in prison, and you did not come to visit Me.’
44. Then they also shall answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and we did not minister to You?’
45. Then shall He answer them, saying, ‘Truly I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, neither did you do it to Me.’
46. And they shall go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved