1. Now late on the Sabbath, as the first day of the weeks (see explanation) was drawing near, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to observe the sepulcher.
2. And in the morning suddenly there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled away the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
3. Now his appearance was as lightning, and his raiment white as snow.
4. And for fear of him, those who were keeping guard trembled, and became as dead men.
5. But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid; for I know that you are seeking Jesus, Who was crucified.
6. He is not here; for He has risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord Himself was lying.
7. And go quickly, and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead. And behold, He goes before you into Galilee; there you shall see Him. Listen! I have told you.”
8. And they quickly left the tomb with fear and great joy, and ran to tell it to His disciples.
9. But as they were going to tell His disciples, all at once Jesus Himself met them, saying, “Hail!” And they came to Him and held His feet, and worshiped Him.
10. Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go, tell My brethren to go into Galilee, and there they shall see Me.”
11. And as they were going, behold, some of the guard went into the city and reported to the chief priests all the things that were done.
12. Then, after gathering together with the elders and taking counsel, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers,
13. Saying, “Tell everyone that His disciples came by night and stole Him while you were sleeping.
14. And if the governor hears of this, we will persuade him to release you from responsibility.”
15. And they took the money and did as they were instructed; and this report has been spread abroad among the Jews to this day.
16. Now the eleven disciples went into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them to meet Him.
17. And when they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.
18. And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
20. Teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you. And lo, I am with you always, even until the completion of the age.” Amen.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved