2. Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judah and his brethren;
3. And Judah begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
4. And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
5. And Salmon begat Boaz of Rachab; and Boaz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
6. And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of the one who had been wife of Uriah;
7. And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
8. And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
9. And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
10. And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
11. And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren at the time of the carrying away to Babylon.
12. And after the captivity in Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
13. And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
14. And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
15. And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
16. And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, from whom was born Jesus, Who is called the Christ.
17. So then, all the generations from Abraham to David were fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away to Babylon, fourteen generations; and from the carrying away to Babylon to the Christ, fourteen generations.
18. And the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: Now His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph; but before they came together, she was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit.
19. And Joseph her husband, being a righteous man, and not willing to expose her publicly, was planning to divorce her secretly.
20. But as he pondered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary to be your wife, because that which has been begotten in her is of the Holy Spirit.
21. And she shall give birth to a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus; for He shall save His people from their sins.”
22. Now all this came to pass, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying,
23. “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall give birth to a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel”; which is, being interpreted, “God with us.”
24. And when Joseph was awakened from his sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord had commanded, and took his wife to wed;
25. But he did not have sexual relations with her until after she had given birth to her Son, the firstborn; and he called His name Jesus.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved