1. “Do not condemn others, so that you yourself will not be condemned;
2. For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged; and with what measure you mete out, it shall be measured again to you.
3. Now why do you look at the sliver that is in your brother’s eye, but you do not perceive the beam in your own eye?
4. Or how will you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to remove the sliver from your eye’; and behold, the beam is in your own eye?
5. You hypocrite, first cast out the beam from your own eye, and then you shall see clearly to remove the sliver from your brother’s eye.
6. Do not give that which is holy to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before the swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn around and tear you in pieces.
7. Ask, and it shall be given to you. Seek, and you shall find. Knock, and it shall be opened to you.
8. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it shall be opened. The force of the Greek means: ask and keep on asking; seek and keep on seeking; knock and keep on knocking.
9. Or what man is there of you who, if his son shall ask for bread, will give him a stone?
10. And if he shall ask for a fish, will give him a serpent?
11. Therefore, if you, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father Who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him?
13. Enter in through the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter through it;
14. For narrow is the gate and difficult is the way that leads to life, and few are those who find it.
15. But beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep’s clothing, for within they are ravening wolves.
16. You shall know them by their fruits. They do not gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles, do they?
17. In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit, but a corrupt tree produces evil fruit.
18. A good tree cannot produce evil fruit, nor can a corrupt tree produce good fruit.
19. Every tree that is not producing good fruit is cut down and is cast into the fire.
20. Therefore, you shall assuredly know them by their fruits.
21. Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but the one who is doing the will of My Father, Who is in heaven.
22. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy through Your name? And did we not cast out demons through Your name? And did we not perform many works of power through Your name?’
23. And then I will confess to them, ‘I never knew you. Depart from Me, you who work lawlessness.’
24. Therefore, everyone who hears these words of Mine and practices them, I will compare him to a wise man, who built his house upon the rock;
25. And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; but it did not fall, for it was founded upon the rock.
26. And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not practice them shall be compared to a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand;
27. And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”
28. Now it came to pass that when Jesus had finished these words, the multitudes were amazed at His teaching;
29. For He taught them as one Who had authority, and not as the scribes.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved