2. And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, if You will, You have the power to cleanse me.”
3. Then Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, saying, “I will. Be cleansed.” And immediately he was cleansed from his leprosy.
4. And Jesus said to him, “See that you tell no one; but go and show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a witness to them.”
5. Now when Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, beseeching Him,
6. And saying, “Lord, my servant is lying in the house paralyzed and grievously tormented.”
7. And Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.”
8. But the centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under the roof of my house; but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
9. For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me; and I say to this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another one, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
10. Now when Jesus heard these words, He was amazed; and He said to those who were following, “Truly I say to you, nowhere in Israel have I found such great faith.
11. But I say to you, many shall come from the east and the west, and shall sit down with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.
12. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
13. Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go, and as you have believed, so be it done to you.” And his servant was healed in that hour.
14. And after coming into Peter’s house, Jesus saw Peter’s mother-in-law lying sick with a fever;
15. Then He touched her hand, and the fever left her; and she arose and served them.
16. Now when evening had come, they brought to Him many possessed with demons, and He cast out the spirits by His word, and healed all who were sick;
17. So that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying, “He Himself took our infirmities and bore our diseases.”
18. But when Jesus saw great multitudes around Him, He commanded His disciples to depart to the other side.
19. And a certain scribe came to Him and said, “Master, I will follow You wherever You may go.”
20. Then Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of heaven have nests; but the Son of man has no place to lay His head.”
21. And another of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, allow me first to go and bury my father.”
22. But Jesus said to him, “Follow Me, and leave the dead to bury their own dead.”
23. And when He entered into the ship, His disciples followed Him.
24. Now a great tempest suddenly arose in the sea, so great that the ship was being covered by the waves; but He was sleeping.
25. And His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing.”
26. And He said to them, “Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm.
27. But the men were amazed, saying, “What kind of Man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?”
28. And when He had come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two who were possessed by demons coming out of the tombs, so violent that no one was able to pass by that way.
29. And they cried out at once, saying, “What do You have to do with us, Jesus, the Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?”
30. Now there was far off from them a herd of many swine feeding;
31. And the demons pleaded with Him, saying, “If You cast us out, allow us to go into the herd of swine.”
32. And He said to them, “Go!” And after coming out, they went into the herd of swine; and the entire herd of swine suddenly rushed down the steep slope into the sea and died in the waters.
33. But those who were tending them fled, and after going into the city reported everything, and what had happened to those who had been possessed by demons.
34. And the entire city immediately went out to meet Jesus; and when they saw Him, they besought Him to depart from their borders.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved