1. But it shall be in the last days that the mountain of the house of the LORD shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.
2. And many nations shall come and say, “Come and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob. And He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths”— for the law shall go forth out of Zion, and the Word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
3. And He shall judge among many people, and will rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.
4. But they shall sit each one under his own vine and under his own fig tree; and no one shall make them afraid; for the mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken,
5. For all people will walk, each one in the name of his god; and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God forever and ever.
6. “In that day,” says the LORD, “I will gather the lame, and I will gather the exiled ones, and those that I have afflicted.
7. And I will make the lame into a remnant, and she who was cast off into a mighty nation; and the LORD shall reign over them in Mount Zion from henceforth, even forever.
8. And you, O tower of the flock, the stronghold of the daughter of Zion, unto you it shall come, even the dominion of your former kingdom shall return to the daughter of Jerusalem.”
9. Now why do you cry aloud? Is there no king among you? Has your counselor perished? For pangs have taken you like a woman giving birth.
10. Be in pain and deliver, daughter of Zion, like a woman giving birth, for now you shall go out from the city, and you shall dwell in the field; and you shall go to Babylon. There you shall be delivered; there the LORD shall redeem you from the hand of your enemies.
11. Now also many nations are gathered against you, who say, “Let her be defiled, and let our eyes look upon Zion.”
12. But they do not know the thoughts of the LORD, nor do they understand His counsel, for He has gathered them like the sheaves to the threshing floor.
13. “Arise and thresh, O daughter of Zion; for I will make your horn iron, and I will make your hoofs bronze; and you shall crush in pieces many people. And I will consecrate their gain to the LORD, and their wealth to the Lord of the whole earth.”
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved