1. And I said, “Hear, I pray you, O heads of Jacob and magistrates of the house of Israel. Is it not for you to know justice?
2. You who hate the good and love the evil; who tear the skin off My people and strip the flesh from their bones;
3. Who also eat the flesh of My people, and tear their skin off them—and break their bones and chop them into pieces, like meat for the pot, and like flesh for the caldron.”
4. Then they shall cry to the LORD, but He will not answer them. He will even hide His face from them at that time, as they have done evil in their doings.
5. Thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who mislead the people, who bite with their teeth and cry, “Peace!”— and even prepare war against those who do not put something in their mouths:
6. “Therefore night shall be to you without a vision; and darkness and not divination. And the sun shall go down over the prophets, and the day shall be darkness over them.
7. And the seers shall be ashamed, and the diviners confounded; yea, they shall all cover their mouths, for there is no answer from God.”
8. But truly I am full of power by the Spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare to Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.
9. Hear this, I pray you, you heads of the house of Jacob, and magistrates of the house of Israel, who hate judgment and pervert all equity.
10. They build up Zion with blood, and Jerusalem with iniquity.
11. Her heads judge for a bribe, and her priests teach for pay, and her prophets divine for silver, yet they will lean on the LORD and say, “Is not the LORD among us? No evil can come on us!”
12. Therefore, on account of you, Zion shall be plowed as a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the temple as high places of the forest.
And I said,H559
HVqv2mpI pray you,H4994
HCHNcmpcof the houseH1004
You who hateH8130
HNcmscHSp3mpoff My peopleH5921
HRHRHSp3mpand strip the fleshH7607
HNcmscof My people,H5971
HNcfpcHSp3mpand chop them into pieces,H6566
HRHTrfor the pot,H5518
HRdHNcbsaand like fleshH1320
HDthey shall cryH2199
HNpbut He will notH3808
HToHSp3mpHe will even hideH5641
HRHTrthey have done evilH7489
HVhp3cpin their doings.H4611
HTdHVqrmpawith their teethH8127
HCHTrand even prepareH6942
HRwho do notH3808
HNcmsashall be to youHl
HRHSp2mpand not divination.H7080
HRHVqcAnd the sunH8121
HTdHNcbsashall go downH935
HTdHNcmpaand the dayH3117
HTdHNcmsashall be darknessH6937
And the seersH2374
HTdHVqrmpashall be ashamed,H954
HCHVqq3cpand the divinersH7080
HCHVqq3cpyea, they shall allH3605
HNcbscof the LORD,H3068
HNpand of judgment,H4941
HCHNcmsaand of might,H1369
HNcmscHSp3msand to IsraelH3478
HPdxfsI pray you,H4994
HNcmpcof the houseH1004
HCHNcmpcof the houseH1004
HVqi3mpfor a bribe,H7810
HRHNcmsaand her priestsH3548
HRHNcmsaand her prophetsH5030
HRHNcmsayet they will leanH8172
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved