1. Woe to those who plot wickedness and prepare evil on their beds! When the morning is light they practice it because it is in the power of their hand.
2. And they covet and seize fields, and houses, and take them away. And they oppress a man and his household, even a man and his inheritance.
3. Therefore thus says the LORD, “Behold, against this family I am plotting an evil from which you shall not remove your necks; nor shall you go proudly, for it is an evil time.
4.In that day one shall take up a parable against you and mourn a bitter lamentation,saying, ‘We shall be completely laid waste. He has exchanged the portion of my people. How He has removed it from me! To the apostate He has divided our fields.’ ”
5. Therefore there shall not be for you anyone casting a line by lot in the congregation of the LORD.
6. “Do not prophesy,” they say to those who prophesy. They say, “Do not prophesy about these things, for we shall not be made ashamed.”
7. O you that are named the house of Jacob, “Is the Spirit of the LORD limited, are these His doings? Do not My words do good to him who walks uprightly?
8. Even recently, My people have risen up like an enemy; you strip off a cloak along with an outer robe from those who trustingly pass by you, as those returning from war.
9. You have thrown the women of My people out from their pleasant houses; from their young children you have taken away My majesty forever.
10. Arise and depart! For this is not your rest because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a grievous destruction.
11. If a man, walking in lying spirit and deceit, says, ‘I will prophesy unto you of wine and of strong drink,’ he shall even be the prophet for this people.
12. I will surely gather all of you, O Jacob; I will surely gather the remnant of Israel. I will put them together like the sheep of Bozrah, like the flock in the midst of their fold. They shall make great noise by reason of the multitude of men.
13. The one breaking through has come up before them; they have broken up, and have passed through the gate, and have gone out of it. And their king shall pass before them, and the LORD at the head of them.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved