2. Hear, all you people! Hearken, O earth, and all its fullness. And let the Lord GOD be witness against you, even the LORD from His holy temple,
3. For behold, the LORD is coming out of His place, and will come down and tread on the high places of the earth.
4. And the mountains shall melt under Him, and the valleys shall split open, as wax before the fire, and as waters that are poured down a steep place.
5. All this is for the transgression of Jacob, and for the sins of the house of Israel. What is the transgression of Jacob? Is it not Samaria? And what are the high places of Judah? Are they not Jerusalem?
6. “And I will make Samaria as a heap of ruins in the field, and as planting places for a vineyard; and I will hurl down her stones into the valley, and I will uncover her foundations.
7. And all her graven images shall be smashed to pieces, and all her gifts shall be burned with the fire, and I will destroy all her idols, for she gathered them as the hire of a harlot, and they shall return as the hire of a harlot.”
8. Therefore I will wail and howl; I will go stripped and naked; I will make a wailing like jackals, and mourn like the ostrich,
9. For her wounds are not curable; for it has come to Judah; it has reached to the gate of My people, even to Jerusalem.
10. Do not declare it in Gath; weep not at all; in the house of Leaphrah roll yourself in the dust.
11. Pass over to them, O inhabitant of Shaphir, in the nakedness of your shame. The inhabitant of Zaanan has not gone out; the mourning of Beth Ezel shall take from you its protection,
12. For the inhabitant of Maroth waited carefully for good, but instead evil came down from the LORD to the gate of Jerusalem.
13. O inhabitant of Lachish, bind the chariot to the stallion—she was the beginning of sin to the daughter of Zion— for the transgressions of Israel were found in you.
14. Therefore you shall give parting gifts to Moresheth Gath; the houses of Achzib are for a lying thing to the kings of Israel.
15. Yet I will bring an heir to you, O inhabitant of Mareshah. The glory of Israel shall come to Adullam.
16. Make yourself bald, and cut off your hair for the children of your delight; make your baldness large like the eagle; for they go into exile from you.
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HTdHNgmsain the daysH3117
HNcbsaand all its fullness.H4393
HCHNcmscHSp3fsAnd let the LordH136
HNcmpcHSp1csfrom His holyH6944
HVqrmsaof His place,H4725
HRHNcmscHSp3msand will come downH3381
HRthe high placesH1116
HNcfpcof the earth.H776
And the mountainsH2022
HRHSp3msand the valleysH6010
HCHTdHNcmpashall split open,H1234
HTdHNcbsaand as watersH4325
HRHNcmpathat are poured downH5064
HVHsmpaa steep place.H4174
HPdxfsfor the transgressionH6588
HNpand for the sinsH2403
HCHRHNcfpcof the houseH1004
HCHTiarethe high placesH1116
"And I will makeH7760
HNpas a heap of ruinsH5856
HRHNcmscin the field,H7704
HTdHNcmsaand as planting placesH4302
HRHNcmpcfor a vineyard;H3754
HNcbsaand I will hurl downH5064
HNcfpcHSp3fsinto the valley,H1516
HRdHNcbsaand I will uncoverH1540
HCHNcmscher graven imagesH6456
HNcmpcHSp3fsshall be smashed to pieces,H3807
HNcmpcHSp3fsshall be burnedH8313
HVNi3mpwith the fire,H784
HRdHNcbsaand I willH7760
HRHNcmscof a harlot,H2181
HVqrfsaand they shall returnH7725
HVqi3mpas the hireH868
HNcmscof a harlot."H2181
HPdxfsI will wailH5594
HCHVhh1csI will goH3212
HCHAamsaI will makeH6213
HCit has comeH935
HNpit has reachedH5060
HNcmscof My people,H5971
HRHSp2mpto them, O inhabitantH3427
HNpin the nakednessH6181
HNcfsaof your shame.H1322
HNpto the gateH8179
HTdHNcfsato the stallion—H7409
HNcfsato the daughterH1323
HRHDyou shall giveH5414
HNparefor a lying thingH391
HRHAamsato the kingsH4428
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved