1. Woe is me! For I am like the gatherings of summer fruits, like the grape gleanings of the vintage. There is no cluster to eat; but my soul desires the first-ripe fruit.
2. The good man has perished from the earth, and there is none upright among men, for they all lie in wait for blood; each one hunts his brother with a net.
3. They use both hands diligently to do evil. The ruler asks for a bribe, and the judge for a reward; and the great man speaks the evil desire of his soul. Thus they weave it together.
4. The best of them is like a briar; the most upright is sharper than a hedge of thorns. The day of your watchmen and your punishment comes; now they shall be confused.
5. Put no trust in a friend; put no hope in a guide; keep the door of your mouth from her who lies in your bosom,
6. For the son dishonors the father; the daughter rises up against her mother, the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A man’s enemies are the men of his own household.
7. Therefore I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me!
8. Rejoice not against me, O my enemy; for if I fall, I shall arise; for if I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light to me.
9. I will bear the indignation of the LORD because I have sinned against Him, until He pleads my cause and executes judgment for me. He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold His righteousness.
10. Then my enemy shall see it; and shame shall cover her who said to me, “Where is the LORD your God?” My eyes shall behold her; now she shall be trampled like the mud of the streets.
11. In the day that your walls are to be built, in that day the decree shall go far and wide.
12. In that day people shall come even to you from Assyria, and from the fortified cities, and from the fortress even to the river, and from sea to sea, and from mountain to mountain.
13. But the land shall be wasted because of those who dwell in it, for the fruit of their doings.
14. Feed your people with your rod, the flock of your inheritance, who dwell alone in the woods, in the midst of Carmel; let them feed in Bashan and Gilead, as in the days of old.
15. “According to the days of your coming out of the land of Egypt I will show to them marvelous things.”
16. The nations shall see and be ashamed at all their might; they shall lay their hand on their mouths; their ears shall be deaf.
17. They shall lick the dust like a snake; they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth. They shall be afraid of the LORD our God, and shall fear because of You.
18. Who is a God like You, Who pardons iniquity and passes over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not keep His anger forever because He delights in mercy.
19. He will turn again; He will have compassion upon us. He will subdue our iniquities. Yea, You will cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.
20. You will perform the truth to Jacob, and mercy to Abraham, which You have sworn to our fathers from the days of old.
HVqp1cslike the gatheringsH625
HRHNcmpcof summer fruits,H7019
HNcmsalike the grape gleaningsH5955
HRHNcfpcof the vintage.H1210
HNcmsaThere is noH369
HVpp3fsthe first-ripe fruit.H1063
The good manH2623
HTdHNcbsaand there is noneH369
HRdHNcmsafor they allH3605
HNcmscHSp3mplie in waitH693
HRThey use both handsH3709
HRHVhcto do evil.H7451
HVqrmsafor a bribe, and the judgeH8199
HCHTdHVqrmsafor a reward;H7966
HRdHNcmsaand the greatH1419
HNcbscHSp3msof his soul.H1931
HPp3msThus they weave it together.H5686
The best of themH2896
HAamscHSp3mpislike a briar;H2312
HRHNcmsathe most uprightH3477
HAamsais sharperthan a hedge of thorns.H4534
HNcmscof your watchmenH6822
HDthey shall beH1961
HVhj2mpin a friend;H7453
HVqj2mpin a guide;H441
HNcmpcof your mouthH6310
HNcmscHSp2msfrom her who liesH7901
HVqrfsaagainst her mother,H517
HNcfsaagainst her mother-inlaw.H2545
HVqrmpcare the menH376
HNcmpcof his own household.H1004
HRHSp1csO my enemy;H341
HVqp1csI shall arise;H6965
HNpshall be a lightH216
I will bearH5375
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HCI have sinnedH2398
HCHVqp3msjudgment for me.H4941
HNcmscHSp1csHe will bring me forthH3318
HVhi3msHSp1csto the light,H216
HRdHNcbsaand I shall beholdH7200
Then my enemyH341
HCHVqi3fsit; and shameH955
HNcfsashall cover herH3680
HTiHSp3msis the LORDH3068
HDshe shall beH1961
HRHNcmsalike the mudH2916
HRHNcmscof the streets.H2351
HVqi3mseven to youH5704
HCHNcfpcand from the fortressH4692
HNcmsaand from seaH3220
HRHNcmsaand from mountainH2022
HNcmscHSp2mswith your rod,H7626
HNcbscof your inheritance,H5159
HRHNcmsain the woods,H3293
HNcmsain the midstH8432
HNcmsalet them feedH7462
HCHNpas in the daysH3117
HVqi3mpand be ashamedH954
HNcfscHSp3mpthey shall layH7760
HNcfdcHSp3mpshall be deaf.H2790
They shall lickH3897
HNcmsalike a snake;H5175
HRdHNcmsathey shall moveH7264
HVqi3mpout of their holesH4526
HRHVqrmpcof the earth.H776
HNcbsaThey shall be afraidH6342
HNcmpcHSp1cpand shall fearH3372
HCHVqi3mpbecause of You.H4480
HNcmsaof the remnantH7611
HRHNcfscof His heritage?H5159
HNcfscHSp3msHe does notH3808
He will turn again;H7725
HVqi3msHe will have compassion upon us.H7355
HVpi3msHSp1cpHe will subdueH3533
HNcbpcHSp1cpYea, You will castH7993
HNcfpcHSp3mpinto the depthsH4688
HRHNcfpcof the sea.H3220
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved