1. Hear now what the LORD says, “Arise, contend with the mountains and let the hills hear your voice.
2. O mountains, hear the LORD’S controversy; and you, strong foundations of the earth, for the LORD has a controversy with His people, and He will plead His case with Israel.
3. O My people, what have I done to you? And in what way have I made you weary? Testify against Me!
4. For I brought you up out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of slaves; and I sent Moses, Aaron, and Miriam before you.
5. O My people, remember now what Balak king of Moab planned, and what Balaam the son of Beor answered him from Shittim to Gilgal, so that you may know the righteousness of the LORD.”
6. With what shall I come before the LORD, to bow myself before God the Most High? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?
7. Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my life?
8. He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you but to do justice and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God?
9. Hearken! The LORD cries unto the city, and it is wisdom to have regard for Your name. “Hear the rod and Him who has appointed it.
10. Are there yet treasures of wickedness in the house of the wicked, and the scant measure that is abominable?
11. Shall I count pure those with wicked balances, and those with a bag of deceitful weights?
12. For her rich men are full of violence, and her inhabitants have spoken lies, and their tongue is deceitful in their mouth.
13. Therefore I also have made you sick by striking you, making you desolate because of your sins.
14. You shall eat, but not be satisfied; and your hunger shall be in your midst. And you shall conceive, but shall not deliver; and that which you deliver I will give up to the sword.
15. You shall sow, but you shall not reap; you shall tread the olives, but you shall not anoint yourself with oil; and make sweet wine, but shall not drink wine,
16. For the statutes of Omri are kept, and all the works of the house of Ahab, and you walk in their counsels, so that I should make you a desolation and your inhabitants a hissing; therefore you shall bear the reproach of My people.”
HTdHNcmpaand let the hillsH1389
HNcbscand you, strongH386
HNcbpcof the earth,H776
HRHNphas a controversyH7379
HNcmscHSp3msand He will pleadH3198
HVti3msHis case withH5973
HCI brought you upH5927
HVhp1csHSp2msout of the landH776
HNpand redeemed youH6299
HVqp1csHSp2msout of the houseH1004
HNcmpaand I sentH7971
O My people,H5971
HRyou may knowH3045
HNcfpcof the LORD."H3068
HRHTishall I come beforeH6923
HVNi1csmyself before GodH430
HRHNcmpcthe Most High?H4791
HNcmsaShall I come before HimH6923
HTiHVpi1csHSp3mswith burnt offerings,H5930
HRHNcmpaof a yearH8141
Will the LORDH3068
HNcmpawith ten thousandsH7233
HNcmsaShall I giveH5414
HNcmscHSp1csfor my transgression,H6588
HNcmscof my bodyH990
HNcfscHSp1csfor the sinH2403
HNcfscof my life?H5315
He has shownH5046
HCHTidoes the LORDH3068
HNcmsaand to loveH160
HNcmsaand to walkH3212
HVqi3msunto the city,H5892
HRdHNcfsaand it is wisdomH8454
HCHNcfsato have regardH3372
HVqi3msfor Your name.H8034
HCHTiwho has appointed it.H3259
HTrher rich menH6223
HNcmsaand her inhabitantsH3427
HNcmsaand their tongueH3956
HNcfsain their mouth.H6310
HVqi2msand your hungerH3445
HCHNcmscHSp2msshall bein your midst.H7130
HRHNcmscHSp2msAnd you shall conceive,H5253
HCHVhi2msbut shall notH3808
HVhi2msand that whichH834
HVpi2msI will give upH5414
HVqi1csto the sword.H2719
HVqi2msbut you shall notH3808
HNcmsabut you shall notH3808
HNcmsaand make sweet wine,H8492
HCHNcmsabut shall notH3808
For the statutesH2708
HNcmscof the houseH1004
HNpand you walkH3212
HCHVqw2mpin their counsels,H4156
HRI should makeH5414
HRHNcfsaand your inhabitantsH3427
HRHNcfsatherefore you shall bearH5375
HCHNcfscof My people."H5971
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved