1. And the rulers of the people lived at Jerusalem. And the rest of the people cast lots to bring one of every ten to live in Jerusalem, the holy city, and nine parts in other cities.
2. And the people blessed all the men who willingly offered themselves to live at Jerusalem.
3. And these are the rulers of the province who lived in Jerusalem. But in the cities of Judah everyone lived on his property in their cities: Israel, the priests, and the Levites, and the temple servants, and the children of Solomon’s servants.
4. And at Jerusalem lived certain of the children of Judah and of the children of Benjamin. From the children of Judah: Athaiah the son of Uzziah, the son of Zechariah, the son of Amariah, the son of Shephatiah, the son of Mahalalel, of the sons of Perez,
5. And Maaseiah the son of Baruch, the son of Col-Hozeh, the son of Hazaiah, the son of Adaiah, the son of Joiarib, the son of Zechariah, the son of Shiloni.
6. All the sons of Perez who lived in Jerusalem were four hundred and sixty-eight mighty men.
7. And these are the sons of Benjamin: Sallu, the son of Meshullam, the son of Joed, the son of Pedaiah, the son of Kolaiah, the son of Maaseiah, the son of Ithiel, the son of Jeshaiah;
8. And after him Gabbai, Sallai, nine hundred and twenty-eight.
9. And Joel the son of Zichri was their overseer. And Judah the son of Senuah was second over the city.
10. From the priests were Jedaiah the son of Joiarib, Jachin,
11. Seraiah, the son of Hilkiah, the son of Meshullam, the son of Zadok, the son of Meraioth, the son of Ahitub, the ruler of the house of God.
12. And their brethren who did the work of the house were eight hundred and twenty-two. And Adaiah the son of Jeroham, the son of Pelaliah, the son of Amzi, the son of Zechariah, the son of Pashhur, the son of Malchijah,
13. And his brethren, chief of the fathers, two hundred and forty-two. And Amashai the son of Azarel, the son of Ahasai, the son of Meshillemoth, the son of Immer,
14. And their brethren, mighty men of valor, were a hundred and twenty-eight. And their overseer was Zabdiel, the son of one of the great men.
15. And from the Levites were Shemaiah the son of Hashhub, the son of Azrikam, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Bunni.
16. And Shabbethai and Jozabad, of the chief of the Levites, who were in charge of the outside work of the house of God.
17. And Mattaniah the son of Micha, the son of Zabdi, the son of Asaph, was the leader to begin the thanksgiving in prayer. And Bakbukiah was second among his brothers, and then Abda the son of Shammua, the son of Galal, the son of Jeduthun.
18. All the Levites in the holy city were two hundred and eighty-four.
19. And the gatekeepers, Akkub, Talmon, and their brethren who kept watch at the gates, were a hundred and seventy-two.
20. And the rest of Israel, of the priests and the Levites, were in all the cities of Judah, each one in his inheritance.
21. But the temple servants lived in Ophel; and Ziha and Gishpa were over the temple servants.
22. And the overseer of the Levites at Jerusalem was Uzzi the son of Bani, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Mattaniah, the son of Micha. Of the sons of Asaph, the singers were over the business of the house of God,
23. For it was the king’s commandment concerning them and a firm ordinance that a certain portion should be for the singers, due for every day.
24. And Pethahiah the son of Meshezabel, of the children of Zerah the son of Judah, was at the king’s hand in all matters concerning the people.
25. And for the villages with their fields, some of the children of Judah lived at Kirjath-Arba and in its villages, and at Dibon and in its villages, and at Jekabzeel and its villages,
26. And at Jeshua, and at Moladah, and at Beth-Phelet,
27. And at Hazar-Shual, and at Beersheba and in its villages,
28. And at Ziklag, and at Meconah and in its villages,
29. And at En-Rimmon, and at Zareah, and at Jarmuth,
30. Zanoah, Adullam and their villages, at Lachish and the fields of it, at Azekah and in its villages. And they lived from Beersheba to the valley of Hinnom.
31. And the children of Benjamin from Geba lived at Michmash, and Aija, and Bethel, and their villages,
32. At Anathoth, Nob, Ananiah,
33. Hazor, Ramah, Gittaim,
34. Hadid, Zeboim, Neballat,
35. Lod, and Ono, the Valley of Craftsmen.
36. And of the divisions of the Levites that were in Judah some settled in Benjamin.
And the rulersH8269
HNcmpcof the peopleH5971
HRHNpAnd the restH7605
HCHNcmscof the peopleH5971
HTdHNcbpain other cities.H5892
HNcmpcof the provinceH4082
HRHNpBut in the citiesH5892
HVqp3cpon his propertyH272
HRHNcfscHSp3msin their cities:H5892
HTdHNcmpaand the Levites,H3881
HCHTdHNgmpaand the temple servants,H5411
HCHTdHNcmpaand the childrenH1121
And at JerusalemH3389
HVqp3cpcertainof the childrenH1121
HNpand of the childrenH1121
HNpFrom the childrenH1121
HNpof the sonsH1121
All the sonsH1121
HNcmscof the houseH1004
And their brethrenH251
HTdHNcfsaof the houseH1004
And his brethren,H251
HNcmpaof the fathers,H1
And their brethren,H251
HNcmscof one of the great men.H1419
HCHNpof the chiefH7218
HRHNcmpcof the Levites,H3881
HTdHNgmpawho were in chargeH5921
HRof the outsideH2435
HTdHNcfsaof the houseH1004
HNcmsaamong his brothers,H251
HRHNcmpcHSp3msand then AbdaH5653
And the gatekeepers,H7778
HNpand their brethrenH251
HCHNcmpcHSp3mpwho kept watchH8104
HTdHVqrmpaat the gates,H8179
And the restH7605
HNpof the priestsH3548
HNcmsain his inheritance.H5159
And the overseerH6496
HCHNcmscof the LevitesH3881
HNpOf the sonsH1121
HNcfscof the houseH1004
HCit wasthe king'sH4428
HRHSp3mpand a firm ordinance that a certain portionH548
HCHNcfsashould be forH5921
HNpof the childrenH1121
HNpwasat the king'sH4428
HNcmsaconcerning the people.H5971
HTdHNcbpawith their fields,H7704
HRHNcmpcHSp3mpsomeof the childrenH1121
HRHNpand in its villages,H1323
HCHNcfpcHSp3fsand at DibonH1769
HCHRHNpand in its villages,H2691
HCHNcbpcHSp3fsand at JekabzeelH3343
HCHRHNpand its villages,H1323
HNpand their villages,H2691
HNpand the fieldsH7704
HCHNcmpcHSp3fsof it, at AzekahH5825
HNpand in its villages.H1323
HCHNcfpcHSp3fsAnd they livedH2583
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved