1. And those who sealed it were, Nehemiah, the governor, the son of Hachaliah, and Zedekiah,
2. Seraiah, Azariah, Jeremiah,
3. Pashhur, Amariah, Malchijah,
4. Hattush, Shebaniah, Malluch,
5. Harim, Meremoth, Obadiah,
6. Daniel, Ginnethon, Baruch,
7. Meshullam, Abijah, Mijamin,
8. Maaziah, Bilgai, and Shemaiah. These were the priests.
9. And the Levites were both Jeshua the son of Azaniah, Binnui of the sons of Henadad, Kadmiel,
10. And their brothers, Shebaniah, Hodijah, Kelita, Pelaiah, Hanan,
11. Micha, Rehob, Hashabiah,
12. Zaccur, Sherebiah, Shebaniah,
13. Hodijah, Bani, and Beninu.
14. The chief of the people were Parosh, Pahath-Moab, Elam, Zatthu, Bani,
15. Bunni, Azgad, Bebai,
16. Adonijah, Bigvai, Adin,
17. Ater, Hezekiah, Azzur,
18. Hodijah, Hashum, Bezai,
19. Hariph, Anathoth, Nebai,
20. Magpiash, Meshullam, Hezir,
21. Meshezabel, Zadok, Jaddua,
22. Pelatiah, Hanan, Anaiah,
23. Hoshea, Hananiah, Hasshub,
24. Hallohesh, Pilha, Shobek,
25. Rehum, Hashabnah, Maaseiah,
26. Ahijah, Hanan, Anan,
27. Malluch, Harim, and Baanah.
28. And the rest of the people, the priests, the Levites, the gatekeepers, the singers, the temple servants, and all those who had separated from the people of the lands to the law of God, their wives, their sons, and their daughters (everyone who had knowledge, and who had understanding),
29. They have joined with their brethren, their nobles, and have entered into a curse and into an oath to walk in God’s law, which was given by Moses the servant of God, and to observe to do all the commandments of the LORD our Lord, and His ordinances and His statutes;
30. And that we would not give our daughters to the people of the land nor take their daughters for our sons.
31. And if the people of the land should bring goods or any food on the Sabbath day to sell it, that we would not buy it from them on the Sabbath or on a holy day, and that we would forego the seventh year’s produce and the exacting of every debt.
32. Also we put commands upon ourselves to charge ourselves yearly with the third part of a shekel for the service of the house of our God,
33. For the showbread, and for the continual grain offering, and for the continual burnt offering, for the Sabbaths, for the new moons, for the set feasts, and for the holy things, and for the sin offerings to make an atonement for Israel, and for all the work of the house of our God.
34. And we cast lots among the priests, and the Levites, and the people for the wood offering to bring it into the house of our God, according to the houses of our fathers, at times appointed year by year, to burn upon the altar of the LORD our God, as it is written in the law;
35. And to bring the firstfruits of our ground and the firstfruits of all fruit of all trees, year by year, to the house of the LORD;
36. And to bring the firstborn of our sons and of our livestock, as it is written in the law, and the firstlings of our herds and of our flocks, to bring to the house of our God, to the priests who minister in the house of our God;
37. And that we should bring the firstfruits of our dough, and our offerings, and the fruit of all kinds of trees, of wine and of oil, to the priests, to the rooms of the house of our God; and the tithes of our ground to the Levites for the Levites are they who collect the tithes in all the towns where we work.
38. And the priest, the son of Aaron, shall be with the Levites when the Levites take tithes, and the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes to the house of our God, to the rooms, into the treasure house,
39. For the children of Israel and the children of Levi shall bring the offering of the grain, of the new wine, and the oil to the rooms where the vessels of the sanctuary are, and the priests who minister, and the gatekeepers and the singers. And we will not forsake the house of our God.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved