1. And on the twenty-fourth day of this month, the children of Israel were gathered with fasting and with sackcloth, and with earth upon them.
2. And the seed of Israel separated themselves from all strangers, and stood and confessed their sins and the iniquities of their fathers.
3. And they stood up in their place and read in the Book of the Law of the LORD their God a fourth part of the day. And another fourth part they confessed and worshiped the LORD their God.
4. And Jeshua, Bani, Kadmiel, Shebaniah, Bunni, Sherebiah, Bani and Chenani stood upon the stairs of the Levites and cried with a loud voice to the LORD their God.
5. And the Levites: Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, they said: “Stand up and bless the LORD your God forever and ever. And blessed be Your glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.
6. You, even You, are LORD alone. You have made heaven, the heaven of the heavens, with all their host, the earth and all things upon it, the seas and all in them, and You preserve them all. And the host of heaven worships You.
7. You are the LORD, the God Who chose Abram and brought him out of Ur of the Chaldees, and gave him the name of Abraham,
8. And found his heart faithful before You, and made a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it to his seed. And You have performed Your words, for You are righteous.
9. And You saw the affliction of our fathers in Egypt, and heard their cry by the Red Sea,
10. And performed signs and wonders upon Pharaoh and upon all his servants and upon all the people of his land, for You knew that they were acting arrogantly against them. So You made a name for Yourself, as it is this day.
11. And You divided the sea before them, so that they went through the midst of the sea upon the dry land. And their pursuers You hurled into the deep, like a stone into the mighty waters.
12. And You led them in the day by a pillar of cloud, and in the night by a pillar of fire to give them light in the way in which they should go.
13. And You came down on Mount Sinai, and spoke with them from heaven, and gave them just ordinances and laws of truth, good statutes and commandments.
14. And You made known to them Your holy Sabbath and provided them commandments, statutes, and a law, by the hand of Moses Your servant.
15. And You gave them bread from heaven for their hunger and brought forth water for them out of the rock for their thirst. And You told them that they should go in to possess the land which You had lifted up Your hand to give them.
16. But they and our fathers acted proudly and hardened their necks, and did not hearken to Your commandments.
17. And they refused to obey; neither were they mindful of Your wonders which You did among them. But they hardened their necks, and in their rebellion appointed a captain to return to their bondage. But You are a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and did not forsake them.
18. Yea, when they had made them a molten calf, and said, ‘This is your god who brought you up out of Egypt,’ and had worked great provocations,
19. Yet You in Your great mercies did not forsake them in the wilderness. The pillar of the cloud did not depart from before them by day to lead them in the way, nor the pillar of fire by night to show them light and the way in which they should go.
20. You also gave Your good spirit to instruct them, and did not withhold Your manna from their mouth, and gave them water for their thirst.
21. Yea, forty years You sustained them in the wilderness. They lacked nothing; their clothes did not become old, and their feet did not swell.
22. And You gave them kingdoms and people, and divided them into districts. And they possessed the land of Sihon, and the land of the king of Heshbon, and the land of Og, king of Bashan.
23. And You multiplied their children like the stars of the heavens and brought them into the land concerning which You said to their fathers that they should go in to possess it.
24. And the children went in and possessed the land, and You subdued the people of the land before them, the Canaanites, and gave them into their hands, with their kings and the people of the land, so that they might do with them as they would.
25. And they took strong cities and a rich land, and possessed houses full of all goods, wells already dug, vineyards and olive groves, and fruit trees in abundance. And they ate and were filled, and became fat, and delighted themselves in Your great goodness.
26. But they were disobedient and rebelled against You, and cast Your law behind their backs. And they killed Your prophets who testified against them to turn them to You, and they worked great provocations.
27. Therefore You delivered them into the hand of their enemies, who troubled them. And in the time of their trouble, they cried to You, and You heard from heaven. And according to Your manifold mercies, You gave them deliverers, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.
28. But after they had rest, they did evil again before You. Therefore, You left them in the hand of their enemies, so that they had rule over them. Yet when they returned and cried to You, You heard from heaven. And many times You delivered them according to Your mercies,
29. And testified against them that You might bring them back to Your law. Yet they acted arrogantly and did not hearken to Your commandments, but sinned against Your ordinances (which if a man do, he shall live in them), and presented a stubborn shoulder, and hardened their neck, and would not hear.
30. Yet for many years You had patience with them, and admonished them by Your spirit, through Your prophets, but they would not give ear. And You gave them into the hand of the people of the lands.
31. But in Your great mercies, You did not completely destroy them nor forsake them, for You are a gracious and merciful God.
32. Now therefore, our God, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, Who keeps covenant and mercy, let not all the trouble seem little before You that has come upon us, on our kings, on our rulers, and on our priests, and on our prophets, and on our fathers, and on all Your people since the time of the kings of Assyria to this day.
33. But You are just in all that is brought upon us, for You have dealt truthfully, but we have done wickedly.
34. And our kings, our rulers, our priests, and our fathers have not kept Your law, nor hearkened to Your commandments and Your warnings with which You testified against them.
35. They have not served You in their kingdom, and in Your great goodness which You gave them, and in the large and rich land which You gave before them, neither did they turn from their evil ways.
36. Behold, we are servants this day. And the land that You gave to our fathers to eat its fruit, and its goodness, behold, we are servants in it.
37. And it yields much increase to the kings whom You have set over us because of our sins. And they are ruling over our bodies and over our livestock at their pleasure, and we are in great distress.
38. And because of all this we are making a sure covenant and writing it, and our princes, Levites, and priests are sealing it.”
And on the twenty-fourthH6242
HRHNcmsaand with sackcloth,H8242
HCHRHNcmpaand with earthH127
And the seedH2233
HNcfpcHSp3mpand the iniquitiesH5771
HCHNcbpcof their fathers.H1
And they stood upH6965
HCHVqw3mpin the BookH5612
HRHNcmscof the LawH8451
HNcfscof the LORDH3068
HNcmpcHSp3mpa fourth partH7243
HAofscof the day.H3117
HTdHNcmsaAnd another fourth partH7243
HNcmscof the LevitesH3881
HCHVqw3mpwith a loudH1419
And the Levites:H3881
HCHVpj3mpbe Your gloriousH3519
HNcmscwhich is exaltedH7311
HNcmpcof the heavens,H8064
HTdHNcbsaand all thingsH3605
HNcmscHSp3mpAnd the hostH6635
HNpand brought him outH3318
HRHNpof the Chaldees,H3778
HCHVqp2mshim the nameH8034
HNcbscof the Canaanites,H3669
HTdHNgmsaand the Perizzites,H6522
HCHTdHNgmsaand the Jebusites,H2983
HCHTdHNgmsaand the Girgashites,H1622
HRHVqcitto his seed.H2233
HRHNcmscHSp3msAnd You have performedH6965
And You sawH7200
HNcmscof our fathersH1
HRHNpand upon allH3605
HNcmpcHSp3msand upon allH3605
HNcmscof his land,H776
HCthey were acting arrogantlyH2102
HRHSp3mpSo You madeH6213
HRHSp2msas it is thisH2088
And You dividedH1234
HRHNcbpcHSp3mpso that they went throughH5674
HRHNcmscof the seaH3220
HTdHNcmsaupon the dry land.H3004
HVhp2msinto the deep,H4688
HNcfsainto the mightyH5794
And You led themH5148
HVhp2msHSp3mpin the dayH3119
HDby a pillarH5982
HNcmsaand in the nightH3915
HNcmsaby a pillarH5982
HNcbsato give themHl
HToin the wayH1870
HTrthey should go.H3212
And You came downH3381
HCHToYou made knownH3045
HCHNcmpaand a law,H8451
HCHNcfsaby the handH3027
And You gaveH5414
HRHNcmpafor their hungerH7458
HRHNcmscHSp3mpand brought forthH3318
HRHSp3mpout of the rockH5553
HRHNcmsafor their thirst.H6772
HRHNcmscHSp3mpAnd You toldH559
HRHSp3mpthat they should go inH935
HTrYou had lifted upH5375
HCHPp3mpand our fathersH1
HNcmscHSp3mpand did notH3808
And they refusedH3985
HCHTnwere they mindfulH2142
HVqp3cpof Your wondersH6381
HRHSp3mpBut they hardenedH7185
HNcmscHSp3mpand in their rebellionH4805
HRHVqcto their bondage.H5659
HNcmscready to pardon,H5547
HNcmdaand of greatH7227
HNcmsaand did notH3808
HCthey had madeH6213
HTrbrought you upH5927
HVhp3msHSp2msout of Egypt,'H4714
HRHNpand had workedH6213
HCHPp2msin Your greatH7227
HVqp2msHSp3mpin the wilderness.H4057
HNcmscof the cloudH6051
HVqp3msfrom before themH5921
HRHNcmsato lead themH5148
HRHVhcHSp3mpin the way,H1870
HRHNcmsato show themHl
HTrthey should go.H3212
You also gaveH5414
HCHNcbscHSp2msto instruct them,H7919
HRHVhcHSp3mpand did notH3808
HCHNcmscHSp2msfrom their mouth,H6310
HCHNcmpafor their thirst.H6772
HNcfsaYou sustained themH3557
HVlp2msHSp3mpin the wilderness.H4057
HVqp3cpand their feetH7272
And You gaveH5414
HCHNcmpaand divided themH2505
HRHNcfsaAnd they possessedH3423
HNcbscof the kingH4428
And You multipliedH7235
HCHNcmpcHSp3mplike the starsH3556
HRHNcmpcof the heavensH8064
HTdHNcmpaand brought themH935
HVqp2msto their fathersH1
HRHNcmpcHSp3mpthat they should goH935
HRHVqcin to possessH3423
And the childrenH1121
HTdHNcbsaand You subduedH3665
HVqrmpcof the landH776
HTdHNgmpaand gave themH5414
HCHVqw2msHSp3mpinto their hands,H3027
HNcmpcof the land,H776
HTdHNcbsaso that they might doH6213
HRHSp3mpas they would.H7522
And they tookH3920
HNcfpaand a richH8082
HNcbpaand olive groves,H2132
HRHNcbsaAnd they ateH398
HCHVqw3mpand were filled,H7646
HCHVqw3mpand became fat,H8080
HCHVtw3mpthemselves in Your greatH1419
But they were disobedientH4784
HRHSp3mpto turn themH7725
HRHSp2msand they workedH6213
Therefore You delivered themH5414
HCHVqw2msHSp3mpinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof their enemies,H6862
HRHSp3mpAnd in the timeH6256
HCHRHNcbscof their trouble,H6869
HRHNcmpaAnd according to Your manifoldH7227
HVhrmpawho saved themH3467
HCHVhi3mpHSp3mpout of the handH3027
HRHNcbscof their enemies.H6862
But after theyHl
HRHNcbpcHSp2msTherefore, You left themH5800
HCHVqw2msHSp3mpin the handH3027
HRHNcbscof their enemies,H341
HVqrmpcHSp3mpso that they had ruleH7287
HRHSp3mpYet when they returnedH7725
HCHVqw3mpand cried to You,H2199
HNcbpaYou delivered themH5337
HCHVhi2msHSp3mpaccording to Your mercies,H7356
HRHSp3mpthat You might bring them backH7725
HVhp3cpand did notH3808
HVqp3cpto Your commandments,H4687
HRHSp3mpagainst Your ordinancesH4941
HTrif a manH120
HVqi3mshe shall liveH2421
HCHNcmscHSp3mpand would notH3808
Yet for manyH7227
HNcfpaYou had patienceH4900
HRHSp3mpby Your spirit,H7307
HNcmpcHSp2msbut they would notH3808
HVhp3cpAnd You gave themH5414
HCHVqw2msHSp3mpinto the handH3027
HRHNcbscof the peopleH5971
HNcmpcof the lands.H776
But in Your greatH7227
HCHRHNcmpcHSp2msYou did notH3808
HTdHAamsaand the awesomeH3372
HTrhas come upon us,H4672
HVqp3fsHSp1cpon our kings,H4428
HRHNcmpcHSp1cpon our rulers,H8269
HRHNcmpcHSp1cpand on our priests,H3548
HCHRHNcmpcHSp1cpand on our prophets,H5030
HCHRHNcmpcHSp1cpand on our fathers,H1
HCHRHNcmpcHSp1cpand on allH3605
HNcmscHSp2mssince the timeH3117
HRHNcmpcof the kingsH4428
HNcmscthat is broughtH935
HCYou have dealtH6213
HCHPp1cphave done wickedly.H7561
HNcmpcHSp1cpand our fathersH1
HNcfpcHSp2msand Your warningsH5715
HVqp3cpHSp2msin their kingdom,H4438
HRHNcfscHSp3mpand in Your greatH7227
HRHSp3mpand in the largeH7342
HCHTndid they turnH7725
HVqp3cpfrom their evilH7451
HTdHNcmsaAnd the landH776
HVqp2msto our fathersH1
And it yields muchH7235
HCHNcfscHSp3fsto the kingsH4428
HTrYou have setH5414
HRHSp1cpbecause of our sins.H2403
HRHNcfpcHSp1cpAnd they are rulingH4910
HVqrmpaover our bodiesH1472
HCHRHNcfscHSp1cpat their pleasure,H7522
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved