1. Then the children of Israel came, the whole congregation, into the wilderness of Zin in the first month. And the people stayed in Kadesh. And Miriam died there and was buried there.
2. And there was no water for the congregation. And they gathered themselves against Moses and against Aaron.
3. And the people contended with Moses and spoke, saying, “Oh that we had died when our brethren died before the LORD!
4. And why have you brought up the congregation of the LORD into this wilderness, so that we and our livestock should die there?
5. And why have you made us to come up out of Egypt to bring us into this evil place? It is not a place of seed or of figs or of vines or of pomegranates. And there is no water to drink.”
6. And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces. And the glory of the LORD appeared to them.
7. And the LORD spoke to Moses saying,
8. “Take the rod, and gather the assembly, you and Aaron your brother, and speak to the rock before their eyes. And it shall give forth its water, and you shall bring forth to them water out of the rock. So you shall give the congregation and their animals water to drink.”
9. And Moses took the rod from before the presence of the LORD as He commanded him.
10. And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said to them, “Hear now, you rebels. Must we bring water for you out of this rock?”
11. And Moses lifted up his hand and with his rod he struck the rock twice. And the water came out plentifully, and the congregation and their animals drank.
12. And the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not believe Me, to sanctify Me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore you shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.
13. These are the Waters of Strife because the children of Israel contended against the LORD, but He showed Himself holy among them.”
14. And Moses sent messengers from Kadesh to the king of Edom, “Thus says your brother Israel, ‘You know all the trouble that has happened to us,
15. How our fathers went down into Egypt, and we have lived in Egypt a long time. And the Egyptians dealt harshly with us and our fathers.
16. And when we cried to the LORD, He heard our voice and sent an Angel, and has brought us forth out of Egypt. And behold, we are in Kadesh, a city at the edge of your border.
17. Let us pass, I pray you, through your country. We will not pass through a field, nor through a vineyard, neither will we drink of the water of a well. We will go by the king’s highway. We will not turn to the right hand nor to the left until we have passed your borders.’ ”
18. And Edom said to him, “You shall not pass by me, lest I come out against you with the sword.”
19. And the children of Israel said to him, “We will go by the highway. And if I and my livestock drink of your water, then I will pay for it. Without doing anything, I will only go through on my feet.”
20. And he said, “You shall not go through.” And Edom came out against him with many people, and with a strong hand.
21. So Edom refused to give Israel passage through his border. Therefore Israel turned away from him.
22. And the children of Israel, the whole congregation, set out from Kadesh and came to Mount Hor.
23. And the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron in Mount Hor, by the border of the land of Edom, saying,
24. “Aaron shall be gathered to his people. For he shall not enter into the land which I have given to the children of Israel, because you rebelled against My word at the Waters of Strife.
25. Take Aaron and Eleazar his son, and bring them up to Mount Hor.
26. And strip Aaron of his garments, and put them upon Eleazar his son. And Aaron shall be gathered to his people, and shall die there.”
27. And Moses did as the LORD commanded. And they went up into Mount Hor in the sight of all the congregation.
28. And Moses stripped Aaron of his garments and put them upon Eleazar his son. And Aaron died there in the top of the mount. And Moses and Eleazar came down from the mountain.
29. And when all the congregation saw that Aaron was dead, they mourned for Aaron thirty days, all the house of Israel.
Then the childrenH1121
HTdHNcfsainto the wildernessH4057
HNpin the firstH7223
HRdHNcmsaAnd the peopleH5971
HDand was buriedH6912
And the peopleH5971
HCHCwe had diedH1478
HVqp1cpwhen our brethrenH251
HCHRHTihave you brought upH935
HNcmscof the LORDH3068
HPp1cpand our livestockH1165
HCHRHTihave you made us to come upH5927
HVhp2mpHSp1cpout of EgyptH4714
HTdHNcmsaIt is notH3808
HNcmsaor of figsH8384
HCHNcfsaor of vinesH1612
HCHNcbsaor of pomegranates.H7416
HCHNcmsaAnd there is noH369
HCHVqw3msfrom the presenceH6440
HRHNcbpcof the assemblyH6951
HNcmscof the tabernacleH168
HNcmsaof the congregation,H4150
HNcmsaand they fellH5307
HNcbpcHSp3mpAnd the gloryH3519
HNcbscof the LORDH3068
HTdHNcmsabefore their eyes.H5869
HRHNcbdcHSp3mpAnd it shall give forthH5414
HNcmpcHSp3msand you shall bring forthH3318
HRof the rock.H5553
HToSo you shall give the congregationH5712
HTdHNcmsaand he saidH559
HTdHVqrmpaMust we bringH3318
HNcbscHSp3msand with his rodH4294
HNcfdaAnd the waterH4325
HAampaand the congregationH5712
HTdHNcfsaand their animalsH1165
And the LORDH3068
HCyou did notH3808
HRHSp1csto sanctify MeH6942
HRHVhcHSp1csin the eyesH5869
HRHNcbdcof the childrenH1121
HRHDyou shall notH3808
HNpbut He showed Himself holyH6942
HTrhas happened to us,H4672
How our fathersH1
HRHNpand we have livedH3427
HNcmpaAnd the EgyptiansH4714
HRHSp1cpand our fathers.H1
And when we criedH6817
HNcmsaand has brought us forth outH3318
HNcfscat the edgeH7097
HNcbscof your border.H1366
Let us pass,H5674
HVqh1cpI pray you,H4994
HTjthrough your country.H776
HRHNcbscHSp2msWe will notH3808
HRHNcmsanor through a vineyard,H3754
HCHTnwill we drinkH8354
HVqi1cpof the waterH4325
HNcfsaWe will goH3212
HVqi1cpby the king'sH4428
HNcbscWe will notH3808
HTrthe right handH3225
HNcfsanor to the leftH8040
HRwe have passedH5674
And the childrenH1121
HRHSp3ms"We will goH5927
HVqi1cpby the highway.H4546
HPp1csand my livestockH4735
HVqi1cpof your water,H4325
HNcmpcHSp2msthen I will payH5414
HNcmsaI will onlyH7535
HVqh1cson my feet."H7272
And he said,H559
HCHVqw3ms"You shall notH3808
HRHNcmsaand with a strongH2389
And the LORDH3068
HNcmscof the landH776
HNpshall be gatheredH622
HChe shall notH3808
HTrI have givenH5414
HVqp1csto the childrenH1121
HToagainst My wordH6310
HNcmscHSp1csat the WatersH4325
HToof his garments,H899
HNcmpcHSp3msand put themH3847
HCHNpshall be gatheredH622
HVNi3msto his people, and shall dieH4191
HVpp3msAnd they went upH5927
HNpin the sightH5869
HToof his garmentsH899
HDin the topH7218
HRHNcmscof the mount.H2022
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved