1. Paul and Timothy, servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons:
2. Grace and peace be to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. I thank my God on every remembrance of you,
4. Always making supplication with joy in my every prayer for you all,
5. For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now;
7. It is indeed right for me to think this of you all because you have me in your hearts, both in my bonds and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, and you are all fellow partakers of my grace.
8. For God is my witness, how I long after you all with the deep affections of Jesus Christ.
9. And this I pray: that your love may abound yet more and more in all knowledge and understanding
10. In order that you may approve the things that are excellent, so that you may be pure and without offense unto the day of Christ,
13. So that my bonds in Christ have become manifest in the whole palace, and to all others;
14. And most of the brethren, trusting in the Lord, have been emboldened by my bonds to speak the Word more abundantly without fear.
15. Indeed, some are proclaiming Christ out of envy and strife, but some with good intentions.
16. On the one hand, those who are preaching out of a contentious spirit, and not purely, are thinking to add grief to my bonds.
17. But on the other hand, those who are preaching out of love know that I am set for the defense of the gospel.
18. What then shall I say? Nevertheless, in every way, whether in pretext or in truth, Christ is being proclaimed; and I rejoice in this, yes, and will also continue to rejoice.
19. For I know that this shall turn out for my salvation through your supplication and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ;
20. According to my earnest expectation and hope, that in no way shall I be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, Christ shall also be magnified now in my body, whether by life or by death.
21. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22. Now if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labor. But I do not know what I should choose.
23. For I am hard pressed to choose between the two. I desire to depart, and to be with Christ, which is far better;
24. But to remain in the flesh is more necessary for your sakes.
25. And being persuaded of this, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your advancement and joy in the faith;
26. So that through my presence with you again, your rejoicing for me may abound in Christ Jesus.
27. Only conduct yourselves worthily of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you, or am absent, I may hear the reports about you; that you are standing fast in one spirit, striving together with one soul for the faith of the gospel,
28. And not being intimidated in any way by those who oppose the gospel; which to them is a demonstration of destruction, but to you of salvation, and this from God;
29. Because it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His name’s sake;
30. Experiencing the same conflict that you saw in me, and now hear of concerning me.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved