2. Treasures of wickedness profit nothing, but righteousness delivers from death.
3. The LORD will not allow the soul of the righteous to famish, but He thwarts the desire of the wicked.
4. He who deals with a lazy hand becomes poor, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.
5. He who gathers in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame.
6. Blessings are upon the head of the just, but violence covers the mouth of the wicked.
7. The memory of the righteous is blessed, but the name of the wicked shall rot.
8. The wise in heart will receive commandments, but a prating fool shall fall.
9. He who walks uprightly walks surely, but he who perverts his ways shall be known.
10. He who winks the eye causes sorrow, but a prating fool shall fall.
11. The mouth of a righteous one is a well of life, but violence covers the mouth of the wicked.
12. Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins.
13. In the lips of him who has understanding, wisdom is found, but a rod is for the back of him who is without understanding.
14. Wise ones store up knowledge, but the mouth of the foolish is near ruin.
15. The rich man’s wealth is his strong city; the destruction of the poor is their poverty.
16. The labor of the righteous tends to life; the fruit of the wicked tends to sin.
17. He who keeps instruction is in the way of life, but he who refuses reproof goes astray.
18. He who hides hatred with lying lips, and he who speaks a slander, is a fool.
19. In the multitude of words, sin is not lacking, but he who restrains his lips is wise.
20. The tongue of the righteous is as choice silver; the heart of the wicked is worth little.
21. The lips of the righteous feed many, but fools die for lack of wisdom.
22. The blessing of the LORD itself makes rich, and He adds no sorrow with it.
23. To work out evil devices is as sport to a fool, but a man of understanding has wisdom.
24. The fears of the wicked shall come upon him, but the desire of the righteous shall be granted.
25. As the whirlwind passes, so the wicked is no more, but the righteous is an everlasting foundation.
26. Like vinegar to the teeth, and like smoke to the eyes, so is the sluggard to those who send him.
27. The fear of the LORD prolongs days, but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
28. The hope of the righteous is gladness, but the expectation of the wicked shall perish.
29. The way of the LORD is strength to the upright, but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
30. The righteous shall never be moved, and the wicked shall not remain in the land.
31. The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, but the perverse tongue shall be cut out.
32. The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable, but the mouth of the wicked speaks perversity.
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved