1. False balances are an abomination to the LORD, but a perfect weight is His delight.
2. When pride comes, then shame comes; but with the lowly is wisdom.
3. The integrity of the upright shall guide them, but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
4. Riches do not profit in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.
5. The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way, but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.
6. The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them, but transgressors shall be taken in their own lust.
7. When a wicked man dies, his hope shall perish; and all that he expected from his power comes to nothing.
8. The righteous is delivered out of trouble, but the wicked comes in his stead.
9. A hypocrite destroys his neighbor with his mouth, but through knowledge the righteous shall be delivered.
10. When it goes well with the righteous, the city rejoices; and when the wicked are destroyed, there is joy.
11. By the blessing of the upright a city is lifted up, but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.
12. One who is void of wisdom despises his neighbor, but a man of understanding remains silent.
13. A talebearer is a revealer of secrets, but one who is of a faithful spirit keeps the matter hidden.
14. Where there is no wisdom, the people fall; but in the multitude of wise counselors there is safety.
15. He who is surety for a stranger shall suffer for it; but he who hates being surety is safe.
16. A gracious woman keeps honor, and strong men retain riches.
17. The merciful man does good to his own soul, but he who is cruel troubles his own flesh.
18. The wicked makes a deceitful work, but one sowing righteousness has a sure reward.
19. As righteousness tends to life, so one pursuing evil pursues it to his own death.
20. Those who are of a perverse heart are an abomination to the LORD, but the upright in the way are His delight.
21. Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished, but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.
22. Like a jewel of gold in a swine’s snout, so is a beautiful woman who is without discretion.
23. The desire of the righteous is only good; the expectation of the wicked is wrath.
24. There is one who scatters and yet increases, but one who withholds what he should give comes only to poverty.
25. The soul who gives generously shall be made prosperous, and he who waters shall also be watered himself.
26. He who withholds grain, the people shall curse him; but blessing shall be upon the head of him who sells it.
27. He who diligently seeks good seeks favor; but he who seeks mischief, it shall come to him.
28. He who trusts in his riches shall fall, but the righteous shall blossom like a branch.
29. He who troubles his own house shall inherit the wind, and the fool shall be servant to the wise in heart.
30. The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins souls is wise.
31. Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth; how much more the wicked and the sinner!
Copyright © 2020 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved