1. Every wise woman builds her house, but the foolish plucks it down with her hands.
2. He who walks in his uprightness fears the LORD, but he who is perverse in his ways despises Him.
3. In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride, but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.
4. Where no cattle are, the stall is clean, but much increase is by the strength of the ox.
6. A scorner seeks wisdom and does not find it, but knowledge is easy to him who understands.
7. Depart from the presence of a foolish man when you do not perceive in him the lips of knowledge.
8. The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way, but the folly of fools is deceit.
9. Fools laugh at sin, but among the righteous there is favor.
10. The heart knows its own bitterness, and a stranger does not share in its joy.
11. The house of the wicked shall be overthrown, but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish.
12. There is a way which seems right to a man, but the end thereof is the way of death.
13. Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful, and the end of that joy is heaviness.
14. The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways, but a good man shall be satisfied with his own actions.
15. The simple believes every word, but the wise man watches his step.
16. A wise one fears and departs from evil, but the fool rages and is confident.
17. He who is soon angry acts foolishly, and a man of wicked devices is hated.
18. The simple inherit folly, but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.
19. The evil bow down before the good, and the wicked at the gates of the righteous.
20. The poor man is hated even by his own neighbor, but the rich has many friends.
21. He who despises his neighbor sins, but he who has mercy on the poor, happy is he.
22. Do not those who devise evil go astray? But mercy and truth shall be to those who think of good.
23. In all labor there is gain, but the talk of the lips tends only to poverty.
24. The crown of the wise is their riches; the foolishness of fools is folly.
25. A true witness delivers souls, but a deceitful witness speaks lies.
26. In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence, and His children shall have a place of refuge.
27. The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life to depart from the snares of death.
28. In the multitude of people is the king’s honor, but in the lack of people is the destruction of the prince.
29. He who is slow to wrath is of great understanding, but he who is hasty of spirit exalts folly.
30. A sound heart is the life of the flesh, but envy the rottenness of the bones.
31. He who oppresses the poor reproaches his Maker, but he who honors Him has mercy upon the poor.
32. When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down, but the righteous, even when he is brought to death, has hope.
33. Wisdom rests in the heart of him who has discernment, but that which is in the midst of fools is made known.
34. Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.
35. The king’s favor is toward a wise servant, but his wrath is against him who causes shame.
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved