1. A man who hardens his neck when reproved shall be suddenly broken—and that without remedy.
2. When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked rule, the people mourn.
3. Whoever loves wisdom rejoices his father, but a companion of harlots wastes his wealth.
4. The king establishes the land by justice, but he who takes bribes tears it down.
5. A man who flatters his neighbor spreads a net for his feet.
6. In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare, but the righteous sings and rejoices.
7. The righteous considers the plea of the poor; the wicked cares not to know it.
8. Scornful men bring a city into a snare, but the wise turn away wrath.
9. If a wise man contends with a foolish man, whether he rages or laughs, there is no rest.
10. The bloodthirsty hate the upright, but the just seeks his well-being.
11. A fool utters all his mind, but a wise one keeps it in until afterwards.
12. If a ruler hearkens to lies, all his servants are wicked.
13. The poor and the deceitful man meet together; the LORD gives light to the eyes of both.
14. A king who faithfully judges the poor, his throne shall be established forever.
15. The rod and rebuke give wisdom, but a child left to himself brings shame to his mother.
16. When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increases; but the righteous shall see their fall.
17. Correct your son, and he shall give you rest; yea, he shall give delight to your soul.
18. Where there is no vision, the people perish; but happy is he who keeps the law.
19. A servant will not be corrected by words, for though he understands, he will not answer.
20. Do you see a man hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him.
21. He who pampers his servant from childhood shall have him become his son in the end.
22. An angry man stirs up strife, and a furious man abounds in transgression.
23. A man’s pride shall bring him low, but honor shall uphold the humble in spirit.
24. He who is partner with a thief hates his own soul; he hears the curse but does not reveal anything.
25. The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever puts his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
26. Many seek the ruler’s favor, but each man’s judgment comes from the LORD.
27. An unjust man is an abomination to the just, and he who is upright in the way is an abomination to the wicked.
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved