1. The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, even the prophecy: The man spoke to Ithiel, to Ithiel and Ucal, saying,
2. “Surely I am more like an animal than any man, and do not have the understanding of a man.
3. I have not learned wisdom, nor the knowledge of the holy.
4. Who has gone up to heaven and has come down? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in His garments? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name, and what is His Son’s name, if you know?
5. Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
6. Do not add to His words, lest He correct you and you be found a liar.
7. I have asked two things from You; do not deny them before I die:
8. Remove far from me vanity and a lying word; give me neither poverty or riches; feed me my portion of bread,
9. Lest I be full and deny You, and say, ‘Who is the LORD?’ Or lest I be poor, and steal, and violate the name of my God.
10. Do not slander a servant to his master, lest he curse you, and you be found guilty.
11. There is a generation that curses their father and does not bless their mother.
12. There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their own filthiness.
13. There is a generation, O how lofty are their eyes! And their eyelids are lifted up.
14. There is a generation whose teeth are like swords, and their jaw teeth like knives, to devour the poor from off the earth and the needy from among men.
15. The leech has two daughters, crying, ‘Give, give!’ Three things are never satisfied, yea, four things never say, ‘Enough!’—
16. The grave, the barren womb, the earth not filled with water, and the fire have never said, ‘Enough.’
17. The eye that mocks at his father and despises to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it.
18. Three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I do not understand:
19. The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a snake on a rock; the way of a ship in the middle of the sea; and the way of a man with a maiden.
20. Such is the way of an adulterous woman: she eats, and wipes her mouth, and says, ‘I have done no wickedness.’
21. For three things the earth is disquieted, and for four it is not able to bear up:
22. For a slave when he reigns; and a fool when he is filled with food;
23. For a hateful woman when she is married; and a servant girl that is heir to her mistress.
24. Four things are little on the earth, but they are exceedingly wise:
25. The ants are a creature not strong, yet they prepare their food in the summer;
26. The rock badgers are not mighty creatures, yet they make their houses in the rock;
27. The locusts have no king, yet they go forth all of them by bands;
28. You can catch a lizard with your hands, yet it is in king’s palaces.
29. There are three things which go well, yea, four that go stately in walking:
30. A lion is mighty among beasts and does not turn away for any;
31. A greyhound, a male goat also, and a king, against whom there is no rising up.
32. If you have done foolishly in exalting yourself, or if you have thought evil, lay your hand on your mouth.
33. Surely as the churning of milk brings forth butter, and the wringing of the nose brings forth blood, so the forcing of wrath brings forth strife.”
HPp1csammore like an animalH1198
HAamsathan any man,H376
HRHNcmsaand do notH3808
HCHTnhave the understandingH998
HNcfscof a man.H120
I have notH3808
HCHNcfscof the holy.H6918
HTihas gone upH5927
HNcmpaand has come down?H3381
HNcbsain His fists?H2651
HNcmpain His garments?H8071
HNcmpcof the earth?H776
HNcbsato those who put their trustH2620
HRHSp2msand you be found a liar.H3576
I have askedH7592
HAcfdathings from You;H854
HNcmsaand a lyingH3577
HCI be fullH7646
HCHVpq1csYou, and say,H559
HCHClest I be poor,H3423
HNcmscof my God.H430
HChe curse you,H7043
HVpi3msHSp2msand you be found guilty.H816
There isa generationH1755
HNcmscHSp3msand does notH3808
There isa generationH1755
HAamsain their own eyes,H5869
HRHNcbdcHSp3msand yet is notH3808
HVPp3msfrom their own filthiness.H6675
There isa generation,H1755
HVqp3cpare their eyes!H5869
HNcbdcHSp3msAnd their eyelidsH6079
HCHNcmdcHSp3msare lifted up.H5375
There isa generationH1755
HNcfpaand their jawH4973
HNcfpcHSp3msteeth like knives,H3979
HAampafrom off the earthH776
HRHNcbsaand the needyH34
HCHAampafrom among men.H120
HNcmpaand the fireH784
HVqi3fsat his fatherH1
HNcmpcof the valleyH5158
HNcmsashall pick it out,H5365
HVqi3mpHSp3fsand the youngH1121
HNcmsashall eat it.H398
HPp3mpwhichare too wonderfulH6381
HCHAcmsawhich I do notH3808
HNcbscof an eagleH5404
HTdHNcmsain the air;H8064
HNcbscof a snakeH5175
HNcbscof a shipH591
HNcfsain the middleH3820
HRHNcmscof the sea;H3220
HNcmsaand the wayH1870
HCHNcbscof a manH1397
HNcmsawith a maiden.H5959
HNcbscof an adulterousH5003
HCHVqq3fs'I have doneH6466
HAcfsathings the earthH776
HAcfsait is notH3808
HVqi3fsto bear up:H5375
HVqi3msand a foolH5036
HChe is filledH7646
HCshe is married;H1166
HVNi3fsand a servant girlH8198
HVqi3fsto her mistress.H1404
HAampcon the earth,H776
HAamsayet they prepareH3559
HNcbscHSp3mpin the summer;H7019
The rock badgersH8227
HNcmsayet they makeH7760
HNcmscHSp3mpin the rock;H5553
HNcmsayet they go forthH3318
HCHVqw3msall of themH3605
You can catchH8610
HNcfsawith your hands,H3027
HCHAcmsathat go statelyH3190
HRdHNcfsaand does notH3808
HNcmsca male goatH8495
HCand a king,H4428
HRHSp3msthere isno rising up.H510
HCyou have done foolishlyH5034
HRHVtcyourself, or ifH518
HCHCyou have thought evil,H2161
HNcbsaon your mouth.H6310
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved