To the Chief Musician. A contemplation for the sons of Korah.
1. We have heard with our ears, O God; our fathers have told us the work which You did in their days, in the days of old.
2. You drove out the nations with Your hand and planted them; You did afflict the people and cast them out,
3. For not by their own sword did they possess the land, neither did their own arm save them; but it was Your right hand, and Your arm, and the light of Your countenance because You favored them.
4. You are my King, O God; command deliverance for Jacob.
5. Through You we will push back our enemies; through Your name we will trample those who rise up against us,
6. For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me.
7. But You have saved us from our enemies and have put them to shame, those who hated us.
8. In God we boast all the day long and praise Your name forever. Selah.
9. Yet You have cast us off, and have shamed us, and You do not go forth with our armies.
10. You make us turn back from the adversary and those who hate us plunder for themselves.
11. You have given us like sheep to be eaten and have scattered us among the heathen.
12. You have sold Your people for no great price, gaining nothing from their sale.
13. You make us a curse to our neighbors, a scorn and a mockery to those who are round about us.
14. You make us a byword among the nations, a shaking of the head among the people.
15. My confusion is before me all day long, and the shame of my face has covered me
16. Because of the voice of him who slanders and reviles, and because of the enemy and avenger.
17. All this has come upon us, yet we have not forgotten You nor have we dealt falsely in Your covenant.
18. Our heart has not turned back, nor have our steps turned aside from Your way,
19. Yet You have crushed us in the place of jackals and covered us with the shadow of death.
20. If we have forgotten the name of our God, or stretched out our hands to a strange god,
21. Shall not God search this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart.
22. Yea, for Your sake we are put to death all day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter.
23. Awake! Why do You sleep, O LORD? Arise! Do not cast us off forever.
24. Why do You hide Your face, and forget our affliction and our oppression?
25. For our soul is bowed down to the dust; our belly cleaves to the earth.
26. Arise for our help, and redeem us for the sake of Your steadfast love.
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HNcmsafor the sonsH1121
HVqp1cpwith our ears,H241
HNcmsawhich You didH6466
HVqp2msin their days,H3117
HRHNcmpcHSp3mpin the daysH3117
HNcmpawith Your handH3027
HNcbscHSp2msand planted them;H5193
HCHVqw2msHSp3mpYou did afflictH7489
HNcmpaand cast them out,H7971
HTnby their own swordH2719
HRHNcfscHSp3mpdid they possessH3423
HTndid their own armH2220
HCit was Your right hand,H3225
HNcfscHSp2msand Your arm,H2220
HCHNcbscHSp2msand the lightH216
HCHNcbscof Your countenanceH6440
HCYou favored them.H7521
HRHSp2mswe will push backH5055
HNcmpcHSp1cpthrough Your nameH8034
HRHNcmscHSp2mswe will trampleH947
HVqi1cpthose who rise up against us,H6965
HCI will notH3808
HVqi1csin my bow,H7198
HTnshall my swordH2719
HCYou have saved usH3467
HVhp2msHSp1cpfrom our enemiesH6862
HRHNcmpcHSp1cpand have put them to shame,H954
HVhp2msthose who hated us.H8130
HTdHNcmsalong and praiseH3034
HTaYou have cast us off,H2186
HVqp2msand have shamed us,H3637
HCHVhw2msHSp1cpand You do notH3808
HVqi2mswith our armies.H6635
You make us turnH7725
HNcmsaand those who hate usH8130
You have given usH5414
HRHNcbscto be eatenH3978
HNcmsaand have scattered usH2219
HVpp2msHSp1cpamong the heathen.H1471
You have soldH4376
HRHTnfrom their sale.H4242
You make usH7760
HNcfsato our neighbors,H7934
HCHNcmsaand a mockeryH3933
HNcmsato those who are round about us.H5439
You make usH7760
HNcmsaamong the nations,H1471
HNcmscof the headH7218
HNcmsaamong the people.H3816
HNcfscHSp1csis before meH5048
HTdHNcmsalong, and the shameH1322
HCHNcfscof my faceH6440
HNcbpcHSp1cshas covered meH3680
Because of the voiceH6963
HRHNcmscof him who slandersH2778
HCHVprmsaand because ofH6440
HPdxfshas come upon us,H935
HVqp3fsHSp1cpyet we have notH3808
HCHTnhave we dealt falselyH8266
HVpp1cpin Your covenant.H1285
HNcmsanor have our stepsH838
HCYou have crushed usH1794
HVpp2msHSp1cpin the placeH4725
HRHSp1cpthe shadow of death.H6757
HCwe have forgottenH7911
HNcmscof our God,H430
HNcmpcHSp1cpor stretched outH6566
HNcfdcHSp1cpto a strangeH2114
HNcfpcof the heart.H3820
HCfor Your sakeH5921
HRHSp2mswe are put to deathH2026
HTdHNcmsalong; we are countedH2803
HRHNcbscfor the slaughter.H2878
HRHTido You sleep,H3462
HTncast us offH2186
HRHTido You hideH5641
HNcmscHSp1cpand our oppression?H3906
HNcbscHSp1cpis bowed downH7743
HVqp3fsto the dust;H6083
HVqp3fsto the earth.H776
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved