To the Chief Musician. “Concerning the Lilies.” A contemplation for the sons of Korah. A Song of Loves.
2. You are more excellent than the children of men; grace is poured upon Your lips; therefore God has blessed You forever.
3. Gird Your sword upon Your thigh, O Mighty One, with Your glory and Your majesty.
4. And ride victoriously in Your majesty in behalf of truth and meekness and righteousness; and let Your right hand teach You awesome things.
5. Your arrows are sharp in the heart of the King’s enemies, whereby the people fall under You.
6. Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of justice is the scepter of Your kingdom.
7. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness above Your fellows.
8. All Your garments smell of myrrh, and aloes and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, stringed instruments have made You glad.
9. Kings’ daughters are among Your honorable women; on Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.
10. Hearken, O daughter, and consider and incline your ear; and forget also your own people and your father’s house.
11. Then the King will greatly desire your beauty; for He is your Lord, so honor Him.
12. And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall entreat your favor.
13. The king’s daughter is all glorious within; her clothing is trimmed with gold.
14. She shall be brought to the King in embroidered garments; the virgins, her companions who follow after her, shall be brought to You.
15. They shall be led with joy and gladness; they shall enter into the King’s palace.
16. Your sons shall be in the place of your fathers; you will make them princes in all the land.
17. I will make Your name to be remembered in all generations; therefore the people shall praise You forever and ever.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved