To the Chief Musician. A contemplation. A Psalm of David, when Doeg the Edomite came and told Saul, and said to him, “David has come to the house of Ahimelech.”
1. Why do you boast yourself in evil, O mighty man? The mercy of God endures forever.
2. Your tongue devises destruction, like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
3. You love evil more than good, and lying more than to speak righteousness. Selah.
4. You love all devouring words, O deceitful tongue.
5. God will likewise destroy you forever; He shall take you away, and pluck you out of your tent, and root you out of the land of the living. Selah.
6. And the righteous shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him, saying,
7. “Behold, the man who did not make God his stronghold, but trusted in the abundance of his riches. He strengthened himself in his wickedness.”
8. But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever.
9. I will praise You forever because You have done it; and I will wait on Your name, for it is good in the presence of Your saints.
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HNcmsaA Psalm of David,H1732
HTido you boastH1984
HVti2msyourself in evil,H7451
HRHNcfsaO mighty man?H1368
HNcfpalike a sharpH3913
HAamsamore than good,H2896
HNcmsamore than to speakH1696
HRHNcmsaHe shall take you away,H2846
HVqi3msHSp2msand pluck you outH5255
HCHVqi3msHSp2msof your tent,H168
HRHNcmsaand root you outH8327
HCHVpq3msHSp2msof the landH776
HRHNcbscof the living.H2416
And the righteousH6662
HCHVqi3mpand shall laughH7832
HTdHNcmsawho did notH3808
HCHVqw3msin the abundanceH7230
HRHNcbscof his riches.H6239
HVqi3mshimself in his wickedness."H1942
HCHPp1csam like a greenH7488
HRHNcmsain the houseH1004
HVqp1csin the mercyH2617
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved