To the Chief Musician. “Do not destroy.” A secret treasure of David when he fled from Saul in the cave.
1. Be gracious unto me, O God, be gracious unto me; for my soul trusts in You; yea, in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge until these great troubles pass by.
2. I will cry to God Most High, to God who fulfills His purpose for me.
3. He shall send from heaven and save me; He rebukes him who would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.
4. My soul is among lions; I lie among those who breathe out fire, the sons of men whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.
5. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth.
6. They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down; they have dug a pit before me; into the midst of it they have fallen themselves. Selah.
7. My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise.
8. Awake, my glory! Awake, harp and lyre! I myself will awake the dawn.
9. I will praise You, O LORD, among the people; I will sing of You among the nations,
10. For Your steadfast mercy is great even unto the heavens and Your truth to the clouds.
11. Be exalted above the heavens, O God; let Your glory be above all the earth.
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HRdHVprmsa"Do not destroy."H516
HTnHVhj2msA secret treasureH4387
HRHNpwhen he fledH1272
HNpin the cave.H4631
HNcmpabe gracious unto me;H2603
HRHSp2msyea, in the shadowH6738
HCHRHNcmscof Your wingsH3671
HNcfdcHSp2msI will make my refugeH2620
HRthese great troublesH1942
He shall sendH7971
HRHNcmpaand save me;H3467
HVpp3mshim who would swallow me up.H7602
HNcmpashall send forthH7971
HNcmscHSp3msand His truth.H571
HVqh1csamong those who breathe out fire,H3857
HCHNcmpaand their tongueH3956
They have preparedH3559
HNcfsafor my steps;H6471
HNcbscHSp1csis bowed down;H3721
HVqp3msthey have dugH3738
HRHNcbpcHSp1csinto the midst of itH8432
HRHNcmscHSp3fsthey have fallenH5307
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved