To the Chief Musician. “Do not destroy.” A secret treasure of David.
1. Do you indeed speak righteousness, O mighty lords? Do you judge uprightly, O sons of men?
2. Yea! In your heart you work wickedness; you weigh out the violence from your hands in the earth.
3. The wicked are estranged from the womb; they who speak lies go astray from birth.
4. Their venom is like the venom of a serpent; he stops his ear like the deaf adder,
5. Which will not listen to the charmer’s voice, though a skillful caster of spells.
6. O God, break their teeth in their mouth; shatter the fangs of the young lions, O LORD.
7. Let them melt away like waters which run off continually. When he aims his arrows, let them be as though they were cut off.
8. Let them be as a slug which is melting away; as a miscarriage of a woman, so they may never see the sun.
9. Before your pots can feel the thorns, He shall take them away as with a whirlwind— whether green or dry.
10. The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance; he shall bathe his footsteps in the blood of the wicked,
11. So that a man shall say, “Truly, there is a reward for the righteous; truly, there is a God Who is judging in the earth.”
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved