To the Chief Musician. “Do not destroy.” A secret treasure of David, when Saul sent, and they watched the house to kill him.
1. Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; defend me from those who rise up against me.
2. Deliver me from the workers of evil and save me from bloody men,
3. For behold, they lie in wait for my soul; the mighty are gathered against me—not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.
4. Without my fault they run and prepare themselves; awaken to help me, and look upon me.
5. And You therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to punish all the nations; show no mercy to any wicked traitors. Selah.
6. They return at evening; they snarl like a dog, and prowl about the city.
7. Behold, they bellow out with their mouths; swords are in their lips, for they say, “Who hears?”
8. But You, O LORD, shall laugh at them; You shall hold all the nations in derision.
9. Because of His strength will I wait for You, for God is my strong tower.
10. The God of my steadfast love shall go before me; God shall let me see my desire upon my enemies.
11. Do not kill them, lest my people forget; scatter them by Your power and bring them down, O LORD, our shield,
12. For the sin of their mouth and the word of their lips, let them even be taken in their pride, and for the cursing and lying which they speak.
13. Consume them in wrath; consume, so that they may be no more; and let them know that God rules in Jacob to the ends of the earth. Selah.
14. And at evening they shall return; they snarl like a dog, and prowl about the city.
15. They wander up and down for food, and growl if they are not satisfied.
16. But I will sing of Your power; yea, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; for You have been my fortress and refuge in the day of my trouble.
17. To You, O my Strength, I will sing; for God is my fortress and the God who shows me steadfast love.
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HRdHVprmsa"Do not destroy."H516
HTnHVhi2msA secret treasureH4387
HRHVqcand they watchedH8104
HTdHNcmsato kill him.H4191
HVhv2msHSp1csfrom my enemies,H341
HRHVqrmpcHSp1csO my God;H430
HVpi2msHSp1csfrom those who rise up against me.H6965
HTmthey lie in waitH693
HVqp3cpfor my soul;H5315
HTnfor my transgression,H6588
HCHTnfor my sin,H2403
HCHPp2mstherefore, O LORDH3068
HVhv2msHSp3mpby Your powerH2428
HRHNcmscHSp2msand bring them down,H3381
For the sinH2403
HNcfscof their mouthH6310
HNcmscHSp3mpand the wordH1697
HNcmscof their lips,H8193
HNcfdcHSp3mplet them even be takenH3920
HCHVNi3mpin their pride,H1347
HRHNcmscHSp3mpand for the cursingH423
HCHRHNcmsawhich they speak.H5608
HVpv2msthem in wrath;H2534
HVpv2msso that they may be no more;H369
HCHTnHSp3mpand let them knowH3045
HRHNpto the endsH657
HRHNcmpcof the earth.H776
HVqi1csof Your power;H5797
HNcmscHSp2msyea, I will sing aloudH7442
HCHVpi1csof Your mercyH2617
HNcmscHSp2msin the morning;H1242
HCYou have beenH1961
HCHNcmsain the dayH3117
Copyright © 2021 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved