To the Chief Musician. “Do not destroy.” A secret treasure of David, when Saul sent, and they watched the house to kill him.
1. Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; defend me from those who rise up against me.
2. Deliver me from the workers of evil and save me from bloody men,
3. For behold, they lie in wait for my soul; the mighty are gathered against me—not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.
4. Without my fault they run and prepare themselves; awaken to help me, and look upon me.
5. And You therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to punish all the nations; show no mercy to any wicked traitors. Selah.
6. They return at evening; they snarl like a dog, and prowl about the city.
7. Behold, they bellow out with their mouths; swords are in their lips, for they say, “Who hears?”
8. But You, O LORD, shall laugh at them; You shall hold all the nations in derision.
9. Because of His strength will I wait for You, for God is my strong tower.
10. The God of my steadfast love shall go before me; God shall let me see my desire upon my enemies.
11. Do not kill them, lest my people forget; scatter them by Your power and bring them down, O LORD, our shield,
12. For the sin of their mouth and the word of their lips, let them even be taken in their pride, and for the cursing and lying which they speak.
13. Consume them in wrath; consume, so that they may be no more; and let them know that God rules in Jacob to the ends of the earth. Selah.
14. And at evening they shall return; they snarl like a dog, and prowl about the city.
15. They wander up and down for food, and growl if they are not satisfied.
16. But I will sing of Your power; yea, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; for You have been my fortress and refuge in the day of my trouble.
17. To You, O my Strength, I will sing; for God is my fortress and the God who shows me steadfast love.
Copyright © 2019 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved