To the Chief Musician. “On the Lily of Testimony.” A secret treasure of David, for teaching. When he struggled with Aram-Naharaim and with Aram of Zobah, when Joab returned and struck twelve thousand of Edom in the Valley of Salt.
1. O God, You have rejected us; You have broken us, You were angry; restore us to Yourself again.
2. You made the earth to tremble; You have split it open; heal the breaks of it, for it is shaking.
3. You have shown Your people hard things; You have made us to drink the wine of staggering.
4. You have given a banner to those who fear You that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah.
5. Save with Your right hand and answer me, that Your beloved may be delivered.
6. God has spoken in His holiness: “I will rejoice; I will divide Shechem and measure out the valley of Succoth.
7. Gilead is Mine, and Manasseh is Mine; and Ephraim is the strength of My head; Judah is My scepter;
8. Moab is My washpot; upon Edom I will cast My shoe; over Philistia I shout in triumph.”
9. Who will bring me into the fortified city? Who will lead me into Edom?
10. Have not You, O God, cast us off? And was it not You, O God, Who did not go out with our armies?
11. O give us help against our foe, for vain is the help of man.
12. Through God we shall do great things, for it is He who shall tread down our enemies.
To the Chief Musician.H5329
HRthe Lily of Testimony."H7802
HNcfsaA secret treasureH4387
HRHVpcWhen he struggledH5327
HCHTowith Aram of Zobah,H760
HNpin the ValleyH1516
HNcmpaYou have rejected us;H2186
HVqp2msHSp1cpYou have broken us,H6555
HVqp2msHSp1cpYou were angry;H599
HRHSp1cpto Yourself again.
HVpp3msin His holiness:H6944
HRHNcmscHSp3ms"I will rejoice;H5937
HVqh1csI will divideH2505
HNpand measure outH4058
Copyright © 2022 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved