A Psalm of Asaph.
1. O God, the heathen have come into Your inheritance; they have defiled Your holy temple; they have laid Jerusalem in heaps.
2. They have given the dead bodies of Your servants as food for the birds of heaven, the flesh of Your saints to the beasts of the earth.
3. They have shed their blood like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.
4. We have become a reproach to our neighbors, a scorn and mockery to those who are around us.
5. How long, O LORD? Will You be angry forever? Shall Your jealousy burn like fire?
6. Pour out Your wrath upon the heathen who have not known You, and upon the kingdoms who have not called upon Your name,
7. For they have devoured Jacob, and laid waste his dwelling place.
8. O do not remember against us our forefathers’ iniquities; let Your tender mercies meet us quickly; for we are brought very low.
9. Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of Your name; and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for Your name’s sake.
10. Why should the nations say, “Where is their God?” Let Him be known among the nations before our eyes by avenging the blood of Your servants which is shed.
11. Let the groaning of the prisoner come before You; according to the greatness of Your power, preserve a remnant of those who are appointed to die,
12. And give to our neighbors their curse sevenfold into their bosom, the curse with which they have cursed You, O LORD.
13. So that we, Your people and sheep of Your pasture, will give You thanks forever; we will tell of Your praise to all generations.
HVqp3cpinto Your inheritance;H5159
HRHNcfscHSp2msthey have defiledH2930
HNcmscthey have laidH7760
They have givenH5414
HTothe dead bodiesH5038
HNcfscof Your servantsH5650
HNcmsafor the birdsH5775
HNcmscof Your saintsH2623
HAampcHSp2msto the beastsH2416
HRHNcfscHSp3msof the earth.H776
HVqp3cpupon Your name,H8034
O do notH408
HNcbpalet Your tender merciesH7356
HCwe are brought veryH3966
HNcmpcof our salvation,H3468
HNcbscof Your name;H8034
HNcmscHSp2msand deliver us,H5337
HCHVhv2msHSp1cpand purge awayH3722
HRHTishould the nationsH1471
HTiis their God?"H430
HNcmpcHSp3mpLet Him be knownH3045
HVNj3msamong the nationsH1471
HRdHNcmpabefore our eyesH5869
HNcmscof Your servantsH5650
HNcmpcHSp2mswhich is shed.H8210
Let the groaningH603
HNcfscof the prisonerH616
HRHNcbpcHSp2msaccording to the greatnessH1433
HRHNcmscof Your power,H2220
HNcbscHSp2mspreserve a remnantH3498
HVhv2msof those who are appointedH1121
HCHVhv2msto our neighborsH7934
HRHAampcHSp1cptheir curse sevenfoldH7659
HTrthey have cursed You,H2778
Copyright © 2023 A Faithful Version. All Rights Reserved